Voir tous les résultats
(Senior) Corporate Counsel M Ventures (all genders)
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Your role: As (Senior) Corporate Counsel M Ventures you will advise internal clients regarding venture capital investments with a focus on customer facing activities and venture capital transactions. As a trusted advisor you will consult with the M Ventures team on their growth path and you will advise them on biotech and tech transactions. Your role implies balancing the different interests and driving the business strategy but also defining workable solutions regarding significant antitrust, FDI, compliance and tax challenges. The scale up of the M Ventures business will also require thorough, broad-ranging legal support that goes beyond venture capital experience. Furthermore, as a member of LE-XPERTS you will be involved in several initiatives of the department for our Enabling Functions as well as for our overall Legal & Compliance unit to further support the department's change journey and enhance cross-collaboration and your individual development.
You will manage internal stakeholders as well as external venture partners and service providers, taking into account specific corporate governance aspects of our investments. This will in particular include aligning the interests of M Ventures and will need professional alignment with senior management.
Furthermore, you will build the bridge between the business and the relevant Merck Enabling Functions as well as our various internal Legal and Compliance teams and external lawyers.
Who you are:
- Legal degree with a minimum of 6 years of experience working as a lawyer, preferably in an international law firm and the legal department of a multinational company
- International venture capital and corporate law expertise is a must
- Experience in competition law and/or FDI regulations and/or license agreements is a plus
- Comfortable working and interacting with all levels of management, including senior management
- Open, energetic, empathic, proactive
- Ability to take decisions, act under pressure and manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Solution-oriented, pragmatic working style
- Excellent organizational, collaboration and communication skills
- Fluent oral and written English
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!