Voir tous les résultats
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That`s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimageable with us.
Job Title: Data Engineer - Enterprise Big Data Platform
In this role, you will be part of a growing, global team of data engineers, who collaborate in DevOps mode, to enable Merck's Life Science business with state-of-the-art technology to leverage data as an asset and to take better informed decisions.
The Life Science Data Engineering Team is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and supporting automated end-to-end data pipelines and applications on Life Science’s data management and analytics platform (Palantir Foundry, Hadoop, and other components).
The Foundry platform comprises multiple different technology stacks, which are hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure or on-premises Merck’s own data centers. Developing pipelines and applications on Foundry requires:
• Proficiency in SQL / Java / Python (Python required; all 3 not necessary)
• Proficiency in PySpark for distributed computation
• Familiarity with Postgres and ElasticSearch
• Familiarity with common databases (e.g., JDBC, mySQL, Microsoft SQL). Not all types required
This position will be project based and may work across multiple smaller projects or a single large project utilizing an agile project methodology.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Develop data pipelines by ingesting various data sources – structured and un-structured – into Palantir Foundry
• Participate in end-to-end project lifecycle, from requirements analysis to go-live and operations of an application
• Acts as business analyst for developing requirements for Foundry pipelines
• Review code developed by other data engineers and check against platform-specific standards, cross-cutting concerns, coding and configuration standards and functional specification of the pipeline
• Document technical work in a professional and transparent way. Create high quality technical documentation
• Work out the best possible balance between technical feasibility and business requirements (the latter can be quite strict)
• Deploy applications on Foundry platform infrastructure with clearly defined checks
• Implementation of changes and bug fixes via Merck's change management framework and according to system engineering practices (additional training will be provided)
• DevOps project setup following Agile principles (e.g., Scrum)
• Besides working on projects, act as third level support for critical applications; analyze and resolve complex incidents/problems. Debug problems across a full stack of Foundry and code based on Python, Pyspark, and Java
• Work closely with business users, data scientists/analysts to design physical data models
• Bachelor (or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, or related fields
• 5+ years of experience in system engineering or software development
• 3+ years of experience in engineering with experience in ETL type work with databases and Hadoop platforms.
Hadoop General Deep knowledge of distributed file system concepts, map-reduce principles, and distributed computing. Knowledge of Spark and differences between Spark and Map-Reduce. Familiarity of encryption and security in a Hadoop cluster.
Data management / data structures Must be proficient in technical data management tasks, i.e., writing code to read, transform and store data
Experience working with REST APIs
Spark Experience in launching spark jobs in client mode and cluster mode. Familiarity with the property settings of spark jobs and their implications to performance.
SCC/Git Must be experienced in the use of source code control systems such as Git
ETL Experience with developing ELT/ETL processes with experience in loading data from enterprise sized RDBMS systems such as Oracle, DB2, MySQL, etc.
Authorization Basic understanding of user authorization (Apache Ranger preferred)
Programming Must be at able to code in Python or expert in at least one high level language such as Java, C, Scala.
Must have experience in using REST APIs
SQL Must be an expert in manipulating database data using SQL. Familiarity with views, functions, stored procedures and exception handling.
AWS General knowledge of AWS Stack (EC2, S3, EBS, …)
IT Process Compliance SDLC experience and formalized change controls
Working in DevOps teams, based on Agile principles (e.g., Scrum)
ITIL knowledge (especially incident, problem and change management)
Languages Fluent English skills
Specific information related to the position:
• Physical presence in primary work location (Bangalore)
• Flexible to work CEST and US EST time zones (according to team rotation plan)
• Willingness to travel to Germany, US, and potentially other locations (as per project demand)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!