Voir tous les résultats
Scientific Senior Director, Global Value Demonstration
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Scientific Senior Director, Global Value Demonstration (GVD) is an integral component of the Global BioPharma’s Global Value Demonstration, Market Access & Pricing (GVAP) organization that focuses on readiness for value assessment and patient access across the product lifecycle.
Accountabilities for this position include yet are not limited to:
- Ensuring integration of relative effectiveness assessment (REA) / health technology assessment (HTA) considerations within critical strategic milestones such as target product value profile (TPVP) and integrated development plans (iDP) for an asset(s) within BioPharma’s N&I portfolio.
- Identifying need/opportunity for related studies and analyses to generate evidence that translates clinical surrogates into quantified evidence of differential value that advances patient access; drive study execution as needed.
- Informing decision point driven deliverables within the research, development, commercialization (RDC) operating model for the N&I pipeline specifically registrational protocol design input, patient priorities, and payer input regarding evidentiary expectations in key markets as well as gap analysis and risk mitigation plan.
- Oversight of asset-specific Value and Access Strategy Team (VAST). The VAST is accountable for the development of key global deliverables related to comparative value strategies, evidence generation strategies, healthcare authority interaction plans, external stakeholder, expert mapping, and collaboration plans, advisory boards, integrated real world data strategic plan, patient-centered outcomes strategy, scientific publication and communication plans, healthcare economic decision models, HTA & managed markets roadmaps, HTA submission reviews/approvals across geographies, and the global master value dossier.
- Ensuring appropriate development of value demonstration strategies (VDS), align on strategic priorities within the cross-functional matrix and relevant teams, and execute key deliverables associated with critical strategic milestones.
- Development/execution of value communications including publication strategy consistent with priorities, opportunities, and challenges for N&I assets.
- Functional delegate for business development and due diligence activities.
- Build, maintain and strengthen internal and external expert networks to anticipate, understand and/or inform changing REA HTA evidence requirements from key stakeholders across prioritized geographic markets.
- Directly interact as a trusted scientific partner with regulatory authorities, health authorities, healthcare decision makers, payers, patient advocacy groups and key thought leaders.
- Demonstrating proficiency in Clinical Outcomes Assessments, Health Outcomes Research, Health Economics and Real-World Evidence Generation techniques and the ability to combine data from different sources in an innovative and methodologically correct manner to demonstrate value and differentiation.
- Ability to lead and/or inform important internal operational and/or scientific initiatives
You will bring strategic leadership, scientific expertise, organizational savvy, and advanced communication skills. You will work in cross-functional matrix teams, in collaboration with Global Program Leadership, Clinical Development, Medical Units, Regulatory Affairs, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Business Franchise, Patient Safety, Governmental & Public Affairs, Patient Insights & Advocacy, Business Development, Global/Regional/National Market Access & Pricing, and HEOR. Externally you will cooperate with REA/HTA Bodies and National Authorities, Healthcare Decision Makers, Patient Organizations, Industry and Academia Networks, and service providers.
Location: Must be located in the United States.
Travel: Willingness to travel as required
Who you are:
- Master or doctoral level degree in Health Economics, Public Health, Health Services Research, Epidemiology or other relevant degree with minimum 8 plus years of experience.
- 8 + years of practical experience with value-based healthcare decision making / access, ideally in pharmaceutical industry and in multiple geographies. Alternatively, a strong background combined with hands-on experience in consulting, managed markets, health insurance, payer authority or payer research institute will be considered.
- 10 + years of experience in Health Economics, Public Health, Health Services Research, or Epidemiology
- Ideal experience in pharmaceutical industry and in multiple geographies. Alternatively, a strong background combined with hands-on experience in consulting, managed markets, health insurance, payer authority or payer research institute will be considered.
- Powerful conceptual, methodological, and analytical skills. Comprehensive mastery of methodologies, as well as the ability to apply such knowledge in a concrete business context to support patient access
- Extensive experience of planning and delivering evidence generation strategies; this includes strong experience in research protocol design, execution, and publication. Ability to analyze, synthesize, interpret, compare, and present or publish medical data and results. Strong publication record in health economics and outcomes research.
- Project management skills as well as certain management competencies are of importance in this role. These include organized and structured work habits, as well as the ability to use internal and outsourcing resources effectively and efficiently
- Ability to define problems and seek alternate solutions based on solid business and scientific judgement. Aptitude in setting priorities, making decisions, and identifying and mitigating risk is of necessity, along with a high standard of ethical and intellectual integrity
- Excellent communication skills across functions, hierarchies, and geographies. Ability to integrate and present complex comparative scientific data across a variety of internal and external expert and decision-making audiences. Ability to communicate in a precise, reliable, unambiguous, and timely manner.
- Experience in collaborative efforts with external institutions, service providers or industry alliances is preferred
- Significant experience and external scientific credibility in neurology, immunology, or oncology preferred
- Management experience of direct reports is preferred
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html