Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
As a Sr. Principal Engineer, you set the strategy for software development and/or infrastructure engineering for the ecommerce team. You set the direction for how software and infrastructure engineering efforts will be designed, developed, and operationalized across multiple portfolios and drives adoption across the teams. You lead and approve software and infrastructure engineering efforts to meet functional and non-functional requirements. You are a thought leader and mentor for internal and external technical talent and actively contribute to the technical community. Participate in procurement specifications, installation, and maintenance of various systems. Lead designing and building the ecommerce platform API with deep focus on non-functional requirement including scalability, availability, performance, etc. while being a strong advocate of extreme agile and DevOps practices across engineers.
- Designs innovative and highly complex software architecture and participates in setting vision for software development for all of ecommerce organization.
- Design and architect a reusable platform solution that connect multiple global commerce platform and include integration with multiple backend ERP and other systems.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Oversees the development and implementation of key ecommerce components like pricing, availability and catalog for complex business processes and growing industry competition.
- Anticipates interfaces with legacy as well as emerging systems.
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Codes most difficult and highly complex software modules.
- Balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
- Contributes thought leadership and innovation that impact the critical directions of the organization, industry and/or profession.
- Evangelizes new and transformative ideas / technologies / solutions to gain acceptance from a wide range of audiences.
- Receives work in the form of key objectives that necessitate the use of innovation. Influences change and advancement of the industry and/or profession.
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience with Digital Commerce solutions in the d2c Industry. Experience in greenfield ecommerce application design, solution architecture and development using best practices and modern frameworks.
- 5+ years of deep expertise with spring framework and test-driven development.
- Deep expertise with Kafka and SAP integration framework and event driven architecture.
- Experience building an ecommerce availability, cart and order platform connecting back to complex legacy backend data layer.
- Experience with technical mentorship with junior engineers in the team and develop/hire engineers for the team globally.
- Hands on experience with site reliability engineering practices and tools like Dynatrace, Grafana and others.
- Experience setting up performance engineering framework and tool for backend API volume testing.
- Advanced degree, Masters. preferred
- At least 15 years of progressively complex related experience.
- Recognized as a published expert within the discipline.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html