Voir tous les résultats
Environmental Health, Safety and Security Technician
Posté 05 mai 2023
Carlsbad, California - United States
Demander un identifiant 263577
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma is seeking a motivated EHS Technician to join our Carlsbad, CA team. The EHS&S Technician provides support services for the Environmental, Health, and Safety Program including but not limited to Hazardous Waste Management EHS training, regulatory reporting and filing, EHS auditing, deviation responses, recordkeeping, root cause investigations, and risk assessments.
- The Environmental, Health & Safety Technician will perform essential duties to ensure workplace health, safety, and environmental compliance in accordance with the EHS Program
- Assists in site Hazardous Waste Management including collection, consolidation, and shipping of hazardous waste
- Update and maintain a chemical inventory and SDS library
- Coordinate/ participate in regular safety meetings, including the Emergency Response Team
- Ensure hazardous waste and other required EHS documentation is maintained and tracked
- Support the EHS training program and the coaching of onsite personnel in EHS policy
- Maintain and coordinate calibration of Emergency Response and Industrial Hygiene monitoring and sensing equipment
- Support safety/environmental/equipment-related incident investigations, corrective action follow-up, and incident documentation
- Coordinate inspection of the site safety supplies (first aid kits, AEDs, etc.)
- Create and install EHS signage
- Support and assist the development of metrics, data summaries, and communications for reporting to leadership
- Control and optimizes disposal of all facility waste including ensuring all waste shipments have proper packaging, approved waste streams and proper labeling
- Prepares and ensures all waste streams accuracy with proper packaging, labeling, and shipping manifests
- Coordinate sampling and monitoring of our industrial wastewater
- Support the writing and revision of facility EHS written documentation and reports
- Closing corrective and preventative actions related to internal and external audits
- Maintain internal GMP training and regulatory requirements to work in manufacturing and lab spaces
- Performs other tasks which may become essential to the position as assigned
- manipulate heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience working in a manufacturing, pharmaceutical or biotech environment
- Associates Degree
- Basic knowledge of GMP requirements
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects, daily responsibilities, prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests
- Experience with Adobe Suites
- Able to work well on cross-functional teams whether in a lead or support role
- Self-directed and demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic EHS plans
- Good communication and attention to detail and can follow procedures
- Good collaboration/coordination skills
- Experience calibrating monitoring equipment
Pay Range for this position - $36,500 - $85,300
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html