Voir tous les résultats
Principal Scientist in Machine Learning (m/f/d)
Posté 24 mai 2023
Lausanne, Vaud - Switzerland
Demander un identifiant 263482
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
The Principal Scientist in Advanced Data Analytics (ADA) within our Quantitative Pharmacology (QP) organization is a strategic, scientific and cross-functional role of deploying and fostering next-generation model-informed drug development (MIDD) using ADA in order to increasingly take advantage of Real-World Data and support personalized medicine. This position will participate to QP activities to strengthen MIDD capabilities by developing and implementing ADA strategies/plans fully integrated into the overall preclinical and clinical plans across ourprojects and disease area.
This position will be responsible for project-related Machine Learning (ML) / Deep Learning (DL) activities in QP either performed independently, under supervision and/or in collaborationwith external CROs or academic institutions. Projects may include, but are not limited to, the analysis and integration of translational, biomarker and clinical data into ML/DL-enableddisease progression models, use of ML/DL to improve patient selection, exposure predictions, and trial designs. In using ML/DL-enabled drug-disease modeling to support project deliverables, you strongly contribute to decision making and critical achievements based on quantitative principles and partnering closely with global biostatistics, bioinformatics, clinicalpharmacology expert leads, Medical Sciences, Research, and other quantitative disciplines. Up to date scientific development in ML/DL and sharing expertise with colleagues is key as is participating in QP ADA research by developing your own innovative approach or mentoring fellows or overlooking academic externalized works. You contribute to external presentations and publications in the broader scientific/professional community of clinical pharmacology andpharmacometrics and represent QP in transactions with internal and external stakeholders.
Who you are
- Ideally 5+ years (Bio)pharmaceutical industry and/or postdoctoral experiences with a doctorate (PhD, PharmD or MD) relevant in the related fields of Computer science,Mathematics, Engineering. Industry experience in Healthcare, Biotech or Biopharma R&D is an asset.
- Strong theoretical knowledge and multi-year hands-on experience state-of-the-art ML (supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement learning) and DL methods (RNN, CNN, ensemblemethods, transformers). Strong background in mathematics and statistics.
- Proficiency in programming languages like Python or R and full familiarity with ML/DL frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, Keras) and visualization libraries (Matplotlib,Seaborn, Bokeh). Hands-on experience in data cleaning, preprocessing and exploration tasks prior to data design.
- Ability to quickly learn endpoints, progression and treatments of diseases. Experience in PK/PD mathematical modeling, particularly in Pharmacometrics, would be an asset.
- Proven ability of productive collaboration in a multi-discipline team, using effective communication and taking personal accountability for delivery of results. Strong interpersonal skills and proactivity to cultivate a network of productive relationships in an international matrix environment.
- Outstanding presentation, communication and organization skills; ability to lead, influence and motivate others.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!