Voir tous les résultats
Head of Biology R&D
Posté 19 avr. 2023
Burlington, Massachusetts - United States
Demander un identifiant 263289
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
As part of the Biology Leadership team, you will lead a global R&D organization of 175+ scientists & engineers to drive innovation and development of a diverse biological research tools product portfolio, supporting a billion dollar business. This senior R&D leader ensures we have the innovation strategy, capabilities, and development pipeline needed to exceed the Biology organization’s short and long-term financial expectations.
The Head of Biology R&D will work cross functionally to gain alignment, build, manage, and execute the innovation vision, strategy, and roadmap. You will lead a team responsible for idea generation, technology evaluation, product and application development for new products launches ranging from incremental to breakthrough innovations. You are responsible to align Research and Engineering Development resources with business objectives and priorities to ensure project and team output effectively facilitates product launch logistics (on-time, on budget, etc.) The Head of Biology R&D will be responsible to evaluate and define specific responses to emerging technologies that disrupt markets, impact efficiencies, , or which could represent competitive threats to the organization.
The ideal candidate is a demonstrated leader of leaders capable of building a team and developing talent; can balance short-term and long-term priorities; can drive for results while taking risks; can leverage one’s own deep domain expertise collaboratively; can think strategically to deliver long term innovation and financial success.
Who you are:
- PhD or advanced degree in Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical Science equivalent
- Twelve (12)+ years of successful leadership in development and managing Research & Engineering development organizations
- Eight (8)+ years leading global teams in a highly matrixed environment with a proven track record of continually adapting innovation of processes and technologies
- Demonstrated success in leading teams in interpreting technology and market trends in in protein research, cell and molecular biology
- Experience in managing technology-focused collaborative relationships and strategic alliances
- Demonstrates understanding of the contribution of each functional area to the overall business success (e.g., R & D, operations, sales, marketing, etc). Able to navigate corporate environment effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for technology and product roadmaps.
- Demonstrates a clear bias for action on priorities. Persists in the face of obstacles or challenges.
- Has business savvy to evaluate and makes decisions that successfully build enterprise value.
- Proven track record of working within related industry sectors including: Phama, Academia, Clinical Diagnostics and Industrial Testing
- Expertise in contributing to the development, implementation and protection of intellectual property.
- Strong and timely results orientation and collaborative strategy setting with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build a leadership pipeline including attracting retaining and developing talent.
- Demonstrated success in inspiring global teams and driving them toward a common goal, including remote team members
- Demonstrated openness and self-awareness in self-improvement opportunities, and commitment to continuously improve individual performance and impact
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html