Voir tous les résultats
Head of Life Science Services Technical Operations
Posté 13 avr. 2023
Burlington, Massachusetts - United States
Demander un identifiant 263287
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
The Head of Life Science Services Technical Operations is a newly established position that reports to the Life Science Services Head of Operations and is an integral part of the LSS Operations leadership team.
You will provide governance for the fully integrated business model (Process and Analytical Development, Manufacturing Science and Technology, Manufacturing etc.) by collaborating closely with the Planning Units on transformation efforts to build reliable, profitable, and scalable operations.
Your responsibilities include steering and monitoring the operationalization of new assets (staffing, training) and deploying operational excellence programs to drive efficiencies in collaboration with ISCO (Integrated Supply Chain Organization).
You will hold a critical role in the realization of our Life Science Services ambition to become the market leading CTDMO player in the industry. Key accountabilities in this role include:
• Provide governance for a fully integrated business model by collaborating closely with the Planning Unit’s on transformation efforts to build reliable, profitable, and scalable operations.
• Identify leading and lagging Key Performance indicators to track operational performance and costs across all LSS sites.
• Make final decisions on the technical operational framework across all LSS sites and ensure LSS wide roll-out.
• Ensure thought leadership and best in class services by industry associations engagement.
• Drive harmonization and find synergies across the LSS value chain to enable and support scalable growth of LSS.
• Align and harmonize organizational structures in Process and Analytical Development (PAD), Manufacturing and Science Technology (MS&T), manufacturing and Operational Excellence across all LSS sites and deploy processes and systems to close capability and capacity gaps throughout LSS.
• Ensure compliant and reliable cost-effective end to end execution across the LSS value chain and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify and implement an efficient and effective operating model.
• Streamline business processes across the LSS value chain and drive COGS reduction initiatives in collaboration with site heads, LSS functional leaders and ISCO stakeholders.
• Define an effective site training structure and implement across all LSS sites to ensure an efficient and effective onboarding of new hires and regular training of employees in all site functions.
• Ensure adherence to all applicable procedures, cGMP, company policies and any other quality or regulatory requirements. (For example: FDA, EMEA, ANVISA, etc.) in collaboration with Quality.
• Lead quality remediation and operational improvement initiatives across all LSS sites in collaboration with Quality and functional stakeholders on the global and site level.
• Ensure all work is performed in a safe, effective manner, and in compliance with the appropriate industry and regulatory (FDA, DEA, OSHA) standards across all LSS sites.
• Collaborate with LSS global Engineering, EHS group functions and ISCO to implement global principles, policies and standards to ensure process and facility infrastructure is safe, compliant, reliable and fit for use at all LSS sites. Ensure compliance with the appropriate industry and regulatory (e.g. OSHA) standards.
• Drive client satisfaction by implementing a client focused service culture. Collaborate with Commercial and Client Program Management on a global and PU level to define client facing interactions and governance across all LSS sites.
• Collaborate with the LSS technology and digitalization team and the LS network to identify smart manufacturing solutions.
• Bachelor’s degree in in Science or Engineering or Related Field.
• 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with exposure to manufacturing/ trouble shooting and technology transfer environment or a similar operating environment
• Leadership roles with 8+ years of experience managing personnel in a manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge in more than one pharmaceutical, chemical and/or related manufacturing operation’s areas, such as manufacturing, quality, and engineering, etc is highly desirable.
• 3+ years of experience in the Contract Testing, Development & Manufacturing Services environment.
• Strong leadership and change management skills with a continuous improvement focus.
• Proficient in problem solving analysis and knowledge transfer.
• Strong cross-functional communication abilities across both Operations and Business communities, as well as customers.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, drive to succeed, motivator of people.
• Ability to influence without authority across the matrix in LSS, Quality, Commercial and Business to deliver maximize service and robust solutions.
• Lead change management and adoption of new tools and processes through disciplined adherence to standardized approaches.
• Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize recommendations based on large data sets.
• Strong business acumen, proven skills in structured problem solving and out-of-the-box thinking.
• Strong customer (internal and external) and supplier facing presentation abilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Advanced degree preferred.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html