Voir tous les résultats
Associate Production Scientist - Night Shift
Posté 24 mars 2023
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin - United States
Demander un identifiant 262501
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
*$7,000 Sign-On Bonus for this 12 hour Night Shift*
Paid out after 90 days of employment
The Associate Production Scientist at MilliporeSigma in Sheboygan Falls, WI, will manufacture or evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department. Responsibilities include:
- Perform operations to meet quality expectations throughout the process
- Perform routine assays, processes and/or unit operations
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group and departmental goals and to meet deadlines
- Contribute to the support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal)
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines
- Ensure that all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely according to current procedures
- Interact with other departments and participate in quality audits as needed
- Improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles while in compliance with change control procedures
- Identify opportunities for process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist
- Train personnel
- Act as a technical consultant as needed
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
- Work in both a large-scale process environment and a glass lab environment
- 12 hour night shift, 6:00 PM - 6:30 AM - 2/2/3 schedule (M/T on, W/R off, F/S/S on, M/T off, W/R on, F/S/S off, repeat)
- Work with open chemicals; wear appropriate PPE (including respirator, hard hats, glasses or goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes)
- Routinely lift up to 50 lbs
- Push and pull heavy materials
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or other life science discipline
- High School Diploma or GED AND 4+ years of work experience in a chemical production, laboratory, or chemical engineering role
- Strong knowledge of chemistry, math, and general science
- Chemical production experience on the glassware scale
- Familiarity with laboratory instruments and production equipment
- Independent chemistry research lab or industrial experience
- Process techniques and unit operations experience
- Analytical techniques and equipment experience
- Experience with safe chemical handling methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.