Voir tous les résultats
Director, Computational Biology (all genders)
Posté 29 mars 2023
Darmstadt, Hessen - Germany
Demander un identifiant 262450
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
There is flexibility for this role to be based certain other EU countries (which would require further approval. In this dynamic role, you will create the RU vision and strategy for data-driven biology for discovery and clinical projects, in addition to monitoring progress toward key strategic goals. You will guide the identification of novel drug targets and disease signatures by leading the generation of actionable biological hypotheses from large x-omics datasets. You will be in charge of the scientific and managerial supervision of a computational biology team that applies analytical tools to enlarge our discovery platform including the analysis of single cell RNA seq, tissue-level expression and spatial transcriptomics data. You will establish and maintain a culture of rigorous, data-driven decision making within the RU as we work towards groundbreaking therapies for patients with unmet needs.
Who you are:
- PhD in Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, with computational background and experience; or PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computer Science with 10+ years of industry experience in Immunology or Neuroscience
- Demonstrated scientific leadership and deep understanding of drug discovery and translational research.
- Experience managing a team of scientists internally and externally through collaborations
- Strong statistical and quantitative data interpretation skills and experience. Substantial experience collaborating to design computational and ‘omics experiments
- Proven ability to develop or apply new tools for integrative analysis
- Proficiency in R programming and hands-on expertise
- Leadership abilities on both technical and creative level to effectively communicate, improve, adapt, and develop new strategies, technologies, and train less experienced scientists and associates
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English are required
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!