Voir tous les résultats
Account Manager, Life Science (Pharma) Boston, MA
Posté 03 mars 2023
Burlington, Massachusetts - United States
Demander un identifiant 261757
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Account Manager is a field-based role reporting to the Regional Director. The position is responsible for achieving sales and expense goals as well as strategic objectives and customer satisfaction for a specific set of accounts assigned within their territory of Boston and the surrounding area. Devising and executing business plans and strategies to protect, expand, and grow existing account sales are key for success. Management reserves the right to add accounts to this territory as the business requires. Position Responsibilities are:
- Travels within Greater Boston area as required to meet the objectives. Overnight travel 5-10%.
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by the Sales Director.
- Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates, plus monthly reports as requested on a timely basis.
- Efficiently manage territory through planned coverage and interaction with key account stakeholders: end users, procurement, and key opinion leaders.
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge in a manner that will enable him/her to add value to our products and services, to promote and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain effective and professional communication in the field and with internal contacts in the Corporation, upholding Company core values at all times.
- Schedule and execute seminars, product shows and pricing promotions within the defined territory.
- Manage the overall distribution relationship within the territory to include - but not limited to – high impact activities (ROA), business reviews and training.
- Manage effective pricing strategies to include – but not limited to – contracts and customer specific pricing (CSP’s): Renewals, negotiations, and implementations.
- Ability to travel in the Boston area up to 60% as necessary by vehicle and a Valid U.S. Driver’s license. (Note: Contingent on CDC Guidance for 2021)
Who you are:
Account managers are responsible for achieving all sales, growth targets, profit margins, forecast and revenue goals in an assigned territory through travel to assigned accounts, proactive (outbound) contact, and overall account/territory management.
- A bachelor's degree in science or a similar discipline
- 2+ years of direct sales and/or marketing management experience in the life sciences industry
- A master's or Ph.D. degree with laboratory experience would be advantageous
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets preferably with business-to-business sales experience. Non-sales candidates with solid technical understanding and demonstrable business aptitude are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at the territory level and account level.
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Relevant business acumen to the Life Science market.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office software in a business environment.
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and or options.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results.
- Sales competency which includes selling skills, relationship building, call planning, territory development, follow-up and closing skills.
- Technical competency demonstrated in product knowledge, product application and product positioning for Cell Biology, Molecular Biology and Protein Research.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving competency in handling distribution, product issues, sales issues and customer issues.
- Demonstration of good presentation skills as related to distributor training, strategy meeting and POA’s. (Plan of Action).
- Excellent time management skills in implementing and executing successful plans of action that balance your sales activities with customer needs, distribution needs, purchasing agent needs, account development, interdivisional activities as well as Area/Divisional needs.
- Desirable: Proven track record of Account Management skills including knowledge of Purchasing Departments, ability to maintain and grow top labs in key accounts. Proven ability to identify, drive and close sales employing a Technical and Tactical Consultative approach.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html