Voir tous les résultats
Senior Device Engineer
Posté 08 févr. 2023
San Jose, California - United States
Demander un identifiant 260670
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The focus of the Senior Device Engineer role will be to understand how novel devices, integration schemes and stacks impact materials performance to enable neuromorphic computing and in-memory computing architectures. In this position, you will be responsible for electrical characterization and device understanding to develop new classes of advanced non-volatile memory technology device solutions.
- Bring up electrical test setup to define, demonstrate and perform DC, AC, and transient tests on 2-terminal and 3-terminal devices
- Perform experimental evaluations of emerging memory cell operating window and construct a Pareto of device mechanism limiting product performance & reliability
- Contribute to the architecture and process definition for groundbreaking emerging memory cell, by sharing a point of view in device physics and array operation
- Propose and evaluate new device modes and algorithms to enable future memory technology scaling roadmap
- Analyze cell performance and reliability data collected across automated test platforms, including live array and scribe test structures
- Build statistical models to correlate phenomenological stack properties to the process and electrical parameters, to help in building physical model and to explain device/stack properties
- Understand device integration and characterization of semiconductor devices
- Provide project status updates to the team and management at a regular cadence.
This position is located at our San Jose, CA facility.
- An opportunity to break new ground building on EMD Electronics’ foundational materials and devices expertise.
- We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
- We trust you with responsibility early on and support your own career aspirations in alignment with work-life priorities and balance.
Who You Are:
- A strategic thinker capable of drawing the big picture
- A pioneering, hands-on personality and have an appetite for starting a strategic activity within a corporate setting
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Semiconductor Physics, or other Material Science discipline
- 1+ year of semiconductor industry experience
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Semiconductor Physics or Material Science
- 3+ years of semiconductor industry experience
- Experience with emerging NVM such as MRAM and FeFET
- Deep understanding of nonvolatile memory device physics and processes
- Understanding of statistical methods for experiment design and data analysis
- Experience in coding & scripting (e.g., Python, Perl, C / C++, etc.), data analysis software (e.g., JMP), and device modeling tools (e.g., Spice, TCAD)
- Familiarity with design of device test modules and layout
Pay range for this position – 49,500- 148,900
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html