Voir tous les résultats
Orbital Welder Tech
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As an Orbital Welder/Assembler you will perform orbital GTAW tube welding, assembly, and installation of mechanical components onto sheet metal plates and inside of sheet metal frames and enclosures on equipment manufactured by SEMC Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing Center. You will also perform inspection and general tool maintenance and use a deionized water system with ultrasonic baths and a drying oven.
- Drilling, tapping, and component layout on sheet metal
- Cutting and bending stainless steel tubing
- Parts cleaning
- Mechanical finishing and labeling of systems during assembly
- Checking raw materials and quantities against a bill of materials and arranging them according to a design drawing
- Utilizing digital copies of instructions for the completion of work
- Work in a cleanroom work environment and wear PPE such as a cleanroom hair cover, face cover, and cleanroom smock with Latex or Nitrile gloves
- Up to 6 hours of seated weld station work
- Utilizing manual dexterity for placing work within the weld head
- Straightening the welded piping spools by hand
- Lift up to 50 lbs. and transfer that weight at waist height or knee height
- Push/Pull 200lb metal boxes on wheels
- Stand and kneel on ergonomic mats over concrete
- Step up on one step, lean over a tilting lift table
- Utilizing the full range of motion with arms and legs
- Working on a computer screen for up to 8 hours per day
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- Welding Certification OR Associates Degree OR vocational education, preferably with hands-on/mechanical/electrical focus
- 6 months experience in a manufacturing environment using mechanical and/or tooling skills
- Previous experience in interpreting and following written and verbal work instructions, mechanical and electrical schematics and engineering mechanical drawings
- Basic computer skills
- Self-starting and motivated
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment while following safety and process controls
- Ability to work with a team and independently
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html