Voir tous les résultats
Director of Foundry Management
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
As Director of Foundry Management, you will join our team to introduce novel devices, process integration schemes and stacks that enable near, in-memory and neuromorphic computing architectures, into semiconductor foundries and manufacturing facilities. This is a senior and an impactful management position with accountability for the strategy, identification, technical and operational management of our foundry partners to demonstrate feasibility of devices, memory arrays and prototypes for advanced memory and computing architectures. You will collaborate with and support the systems, circuits, design and device teams by providing a critical contact and communications channel with various R&D and semiconductor foundries to take lab level concepts to foundry realization. The role will require an understanding of semiconductor manufacturing, PDK generation, integration, process modules, devices, and materials and a track record of introducing new semiconductor technologies and products into fabs and foundries. Strong network of relevant contacts, teamwork and a problem-solving savvy are required to be successful in this multi-functional role.
Some additional details on your role:
- Organize and implement to the foundry enablement strategy for advanced computing and memory test chips and prototypes.
- Identify foundry options based on technology nodes and capabilities, design to manufacturing ease, IP considerations, and cost scaling
- Own the relationship, foundry strategy, contractual/SOW engagements, negotiations, and point of contact for foundries. Collaborate with internal partners to manage foundries to ensure delivery, cost, performance, and overall quality to pre aligned key performance indices (KPIs) in support of new test chips, prototypes and products.
- Drive the foundry on its deliverables and work packages creation such as processed/characterized test vehicle chips PDKs, technology assessments, data analysis and reports
- Contribute to the overall Go to Market strategy for the project especially on foundry and manufacturing related business and market adoption related critical considerations
- Report to the Project’s senior management team at regular intervals on foundry performance, critical issues, change management and/or mitigation plans
You will be based at our Silicon Valley hub in San Jose to realize our ambitions in an inspiring and enabling neuromorphic computing ecosystem.
Who we are:
- We offer an opportunity to break new ground building on EMD Electronics’ foundational materials and devices expertise.
- We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
- We trust you with responsibility early on and support your own career aspirations in alignment with work-life priorities and balance.
Who You Are:
- A strategic thinker capable of drawing the big picture
- A pioneering, hands-on, positive personality and have an appetite for starting a strategic activity within a corporate setting
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, semiconductor physics or material science
- 6+ years of related semiconductor industry experience and at least 4 years of foundry interface/management experience
- PhD in electrical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, semiconductor physics or material science
- Expertise and proven track record of working with semiconductor foundries/fabs and taking products/processes from lab to fab
- Experience with bringing up emerging memories in fabs/foundries
- Understanding of semiconductor equipment, process control, data analysis, reliability and yield and/or supply chain, is a strong plus.
- Good familiarity of commercial and operational concepts such as contract negotiations, demand forecast, order placement, wafer costs, and wafer and chip yields
- Have a network of semiconductor foundries and fabs contacts
- Up to 25% travel, domestic and international
Pay range for this position – 100,900- 302,600
Our ranges incorporate all levels and career types available within this specific role, and are derived from relevant industry market data. Should we decide to make an offer, we will consider several factors, including but not limited to your location, skills, experience, career level, and other job-related factors. This role may offer the following benefits: medical, vision, and dental insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; a 401(k) matching program; paid time off; and paid holidays; among other employee benefits. This role may also be eligible for short-term or long-term incentive compensation, including, but not limited to, cash bonuses.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html