Voir tous les résultats
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, this Senior Scientist – Hazard Evaluation opening is a laboratory position in a Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) for our Life Science business. The primary focus is the execution and improvement of chemical process safety for the Sheboygan Falls, WI site (primary) and IOS cluster (secondary).
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct formal hazard evaluations and write Process Hazard Evaluation reports.
- Run associated hazard evaluation experiments using RC1e, EasyMax, DSC, ARC, BAM Fallhammer, BAM Friction tester, Burning Behavior, interpret results, and write experimental reports.
- Lead formal risk assessments for laboratory and kilo laboratory scale manufacturing processes and write risk assessment reports.
- Meet contract milestone deadlines and budgets.
- Coordinate with development and manufacturing groups to proactively identify potential hazards and risk mitigation.
- Train personnel on process safety and serve as a subject matter expert on reactive chemical hazards.
- Assist the contract bidding process by identifying hazardous processes or chemicals that cannot be safely handled at manufacturing sites.
- Lead Process Development projects as assigned.
- Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, other regulatory agency guidelines, MilliporeSigma corporate safety guidelines and procedures, and Environmental Health and Safety guidelines and procedures.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other scientific discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in Chemical Process Safety
- Master’s Degree in Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other scientific discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in Chemical Process Safety
- PhD in Organic Chemistry with 5+ years’ industrial experience and a thorough understanding of chemical process safety and thermochemistry.
- Experience in process development and manufacturing techniques from laboratory to scale-up laboratory, kilo scale, pilot plant scale, and plant scale.
- Experience with ASTM CHETAH program, running and interpreting hazard evaluation experiments, and hazard evaluation literature including Bretherick’s Handbook of Reactive Chemical Hazards.
- Mechanical skills to maintain hazard evaluation laboratory equipment.
- Proficiency with software including MS Office, ChemOffice, and scientific plotting and statistical software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant quality systems overall goals, implementation, and application.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html