Voir tous les résultats
Senior Procurement Specialist 1
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Senior Procurement Specialist at MilliporeSigma in Madison, WI is responsible for reviewing MRP data and placing orders for raw materials with external and intercompany suppliers. The position responsibilities involve reviewing and adjusting demands, compiling long and short-term capacity plans, and ensuring supply chain planning designs are set to achieve service and inventory objectives. The Senior Procurement Specialist is expected to communicate with the critical operations partners to ensure no disruption of supply. Reviews demand plans at a local level, including adjusting forecast and safety stock parameters. Lead and/or assist process improvement initiatives. Reviews schedule and material requirements to ensure timely supply. Expedites and delays orders to align with changes in manufacturing schedule. Compiles reports and metrics to ensure business has proper feedback loops on performance to objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Become efficient on current systems (SAP)
- Analyze planned orders, requirements, and system designs with a view to supply chain impact.
- Convert planned orders/purchase requisitions to process/purchase orders as necessary.
- Maintain and audit key SAP planning master data and purchasing info records. Including, but not limited to: current purchase price, lot size, lead time, MRP controllers, special procurement keys, schedule margin key and purchasing type.
- Manage SAP exception messages and act on recommended plan changes. Including expediting or rescheduling purchase orders.
- Develop SAP generated reports for various performance measures to identify opportunities for refinement of strategies, process improvement, and testing.
- Support cGMP manufacture
- Utilize MRP system to track status of open purchase orders for production.
- Acquire quotes and lead times from suppliers.
- Work closely with local planning to ensure material availability.
- Work with suppliers as needed to ensure requirements are coordinated across entire supply chain.
- Works with receiving and accounting to ensure material receipts are properly documented and orders are closed out to assure timely invoice vouchering and payment.
- Strengthens supply continuity by identifying risks and opportunities for secondary sourcing.
- Works with all other support functions to ensure manufacturing readiness as applicable to procured materials, chemicals, consumables, and equipment.
- Involvement with Process Improvement initiatives.
- Understand and utilize lean methodology.
- Become involved with cross-site improvement efforts.
- Evaluate, test, recommend and/or implement changes that could improve service, cycle time, throughput efficiency, inventory levels, etc.
- Develop and improve Supplier Relationships
- Support Quality for new supplier evaluations and participate in vendor audits, as needed.
- Run Supplier Report Card. Identify areas of improvements.
- Execute improvement efforts with Supplier.
- Other functions
- Attends, and is punctual for, appropriate meetings and training in-services.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Sciences.
- 1+ years of combined experience in procurement, planning, or life science/pharmaceutical manufacturing scientist or manufacturing role.
- 1+ years of SAP or other MRP systems experience.
- Good analytical, business process analysis and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication and ability to communicate at different levels of the business.
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, and other internal software programs).
- Experience with ISO and cGMP standards.
- Basic scheduling techniques and material requirements planning knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines.
- High sense of urgency.
- Extremely organized.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.