Voir tous les résultats
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is looking to immediately hire an experienced Welder for our Chandler, AZ location. The Welder will be responsible for spot welding ¼” to 1” tubing in a manufacturing environment and developing, establishing, and modifying welding techniques and methods using a variety of types of welding equipment and procedures. Scheduled Monday-Friday 6:00 am to 2:30 pm.
- Perform orbital GTAW tube welding, assembly, and installation of mechanical components onto sheet metal plates and inside of sheet metal frames and enclosures on equipment
- Drill, tap and component layout on sheet metal
- Cut and bend stainless steel tubing, clean parts, mechanical finishing and labeling of systems during assembly
- Check raw materials and quantities against a bill of materials and arrange them according to a design drawing
- Perform inspection and general tool maintenance and the use of a deionized water system with ultrasonic baths and a drying oven
- Weld and cut all types of materials in all positions on components, assemblies, and systems manufactured
- Apply welding symbols and maintain proper sequence of assembly and accuracy of fit-up
- Use computer interface for reading/understanding P&ID and mechanical/electrical diagrams and drawings
- Prepare weld coupons and adjust weld parameters to meet required weld quality
- Maintain all required certifications under applicable codes
- Work in cleanroom and don of hair cover, face cover, cleanroom smock with Latex and/or Nitrile gloves and heat resistant welding gloves and welding face shield
- Sit for up to 6 hours
- Maintain hand dexterity and stability for weld quality
- Lift up to 50 lbs. 5 times per day and transfer this weight to a cart either at the same level or down at knee height
- Push or pull metal boxes on wheels that easy roll up to 200 lbs
- Stand and kneel on ergonomic mats over concrete
- Step up on one step, lean over a tilting lift table
- Use full range of motion with arms and legs
- Use hand, power tools, taps, wrenches, sockets, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures and simple measuring instruments
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of hands-on welding experience
- Certified in 6” Schedule 40 6G or 2” Schedule 80
- Self-starting and motivated with good written and communication skills
- Work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment while following safety and process controls
- Able to interpret mechanical and electrical schematics and engineering mechanical drawings
- Orbital Weld experience
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.