Voir tous les résultats
Material Handler I
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, Material Handler I is responsible for receiving, storage and distributing of inventory (raw materials, client samples and finished goods) to and from the department. This involves physical handling of inventory, as well as maintaining accurate system records for all transactions made to and from the department.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Receives materials, client samples and internal finished goods on a daily basis. Check and process received items in line with appropriate quality procedures (physical / quantity check and paperwork verification)
- Ensures inventory is stored in line with agreed quality / regulatory compliance (e.g. segregation, temperature control), and provide traceability through maintenance of accurate system transactions (Oracle or LIMS)
- Maintains stock accuracy through timely system maintenance such as participation in physical counting and routine disposal program
- Prepares and ships materials in line with client requirements and in accordance with relevant shipping SOP documentation
- Monitors and maintains equipment under the specific responsibility of the department
- Performs inter-site shipment of sample/material via internal transportation or courier
- Provides assistance with some aspects of QC material release where appropriate
- Operates material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, dock lever, etc.)
- Assists with regulatory agency and client audits
- Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures
- Maintains familiarity with BioReliance quality systems such as BRIQS and the SOP revision processes
- Ability to lift weight or exert force up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in a wide range of temperatures including cold storage
Who You Are:
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years computer experience
- Experience in logistics within a life science company
- Knowledge of basic computer systems and logistics related databases
- Ability to operate a hand truck, pallet jack, and other basic warehouse equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work overtime and flexible shifts
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.