Voir tous les résultats
Quality Control Lab Technician - 2nd Shift
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is seeking a highly motivated QC Lab Technician for our Branchburg, NJ location. The QC Lab Technician will perform lab tests that support the production of lithography chemicals and formulations used in the semiconductor fabrication industry.
- Work in a fast-paced QC lab to support local production and deliver results in a timely manner with good quality
- Prepare samples and add reagents while adhering to all analytical standards
- Use analytical techniques to measure solvent content, viscosity, specific density, water content, color, normality, pH
- Review test results for conformance to specifications
- Generate and maintain records of systems, procedures, and test results
- Calibrate and perform minor repairs on instruments
- Collect raw material samples from warehouse and outside storage tanks
- Formulate polymers and surfactants
- Prepare solutions & dispose of liquid and solid waste and ensure solvent reservoirs in the lab
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Work safely and cooperatively in a group setting
Schedule: Monday thru Friday second shift (11:00am – 7:30pm) and may include weekend overtime.
- Lifting of up to 25 lbs without assistance
- Working with organic solvents and chemicals
Who You Are:
- Associate degree in Chemistry, Biology, or other science discipline with 1+ years’ experience in analytical chemistry techniques OR
- High School Diploma or GED with 10+ years’ work experience in a quality laboratory
- Knowledge in quality processes and statistical basics
- Familiar with analytical instruments such analytical balances, GC, UV/Vis, Karl Fischer moisture titrator and other analytical instruments
- Demonstrated understanding of chemistry and laboratory procedures
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment and read and follow SOPs and interpret technical data
- Experience using Excel
- Experience with using SAP
- Ability to multitask and work both independently and in a team environment
- Good interpersonal skills Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.