Voir tous les résultats
Senior Software Engineer (Perl/Python)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Software Engineer Lead within the Digitization & Automation group, your primary responsibilities will be to provide core computational and application development (programming/pipeline development) functions supporting a range of software solutions for biosafety testing services.
- You will guide and track the team's development tasks, removing blockers, making technical decisions to help the team effectively meet its objectives.
- You will develop resilient, scalable solutions that help deliver some of the most critical digitization projects
- You will work closely with your own team, liaise with management and IT teams to identify, and understand opportunities to deliver on the team’s mission, and then execute on those opportunities.
- You will be expected to lead by example and work collaboratively with cross functional teams to advance digitization of processes in the field of biosafety testing.
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in information technologies, computer science/programming with 7+ years’ experience in software engineering OR Bachelor's degree in information technologies, computer science/programming with 10+ years’ experience in software engineering.
- Experience in agile practices and ability to use, track, and manage work assignments using project/issue ticketing system like JIRA.
- Experience with developing and maintaining applications written in Python/Perl.
- Experience in software development preferably in a Linux environment. Proficiency in using Linux command line.
- Proven record of success working on software engineering problems that span multiple products, working with cross functional teams like IT, QA, Validation.
- People management experience.
- Experience working with UI/UX designers, QA and other stakeholders to define developer tickets and clarify business requirements.
- Basic understanding of web design principles and best practices with solid background of information architecture, navigation, and usability principles.
- Experience with object-oriented design, template engines for creating responsive UI design using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience with Unit testing (e.g., Jest or similar) and Automated web app testing (e.g., Selenium or similar).
- Experience and knowledge of Data Integrity requirements, GAMP / 21 CFR 11, GLP &GDP.
- Experience working with software version control systems (git/bitbucket preferred).
- Oral and written communication skills including drafting standard operating procedures, user requirements, design specifications, software lifecycle documentation etc.
- Ability to handle multiple high-complexity projects simultaneously.
- Evidence of a strong sense of ownership and product/system understanding.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.