Voir tous les résultats
Technical Specialist/Biological Safety (REMOTE)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
An exciting new remote opportunity has arisen to join the company as a Technical Specialist in biological safety within the US Technical & Scientific Solutions (TSS) team. Based on a strong understanding of current and anticipating future customer, market and regulatory needs, the Technical Specialist will be responsible for providing scientific, technical and regulatory consultancy to the customers in the biotechnology market within the US territory. The candidate will serve as an experienced scientific expert in biological safety testing, viral clearance and characterization of biologics, live viral vectors, plasmids, vaccines, and cell & gene therapies (CG&T) for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. For this expert-level technical position, it would be an advantage to have a solid working knowledge of current biotechnology manufacturing principles and/or biotechnology technologies including C>, monoclonal antibody, therapeutic protein, and vaccine-related processes. This is non-lab-based, customer-facing position. Previous client-facing experience, as well as presentation experience would be an advantage for this position.
Who you are:
- Educated to Ph.D. level (Life Sciences or a relevant scientific field) or equivalent. M.Sc. degree will be considered for applicants with extensive experience in the pharma/biotechnology field
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in C>, biologics, and/or vaccines development, and/or manufacturing, and/or analytical assay development for large molecules and applications
- Prior experience of working in regulated environment including R&D, CMC/regulatory, or manufacturing of vaccines/biologics, and/or C> processes
- Advanced presentation skills and ability to communicate complex technical/scientific topics and regulations to customers, and at biotechnology-oriented conferences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal experience with a proven ability to lead and influence teams, as well as professional individuals
- Communicate and build working relationships with internal cross-functional teams, as well as with external customers within the biotechnology industry
- Willingness to travel within the US territory on average 30% of the time. Some international travel might be required
**This is a FULLY REMOTE role that will cover biotech/pharma companies within the US East Coast territory**
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.