Voir tous les résultats
Senior Computational Biologist
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
This individual will play key roles in our bioinformatics, computational tool/platform development and data analysis to support R&D and technology and business development. work independently and collaboratively with members of the Bioinformatics, R&D, and Marketing teams to provide solutions for research and business. You will also participate in data processing, data mining, and data analysis on x-omics and multi-dimensional datasets from a wide range of sources. This individual will develop new computational methods and tools to support new product and technology development in life science and projects in China.
Who you are:
- A Masters or Ph.D. degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, or computer science/statistics with biology/chemistry knowledge.
- Strong background in bioinformatics, genomics, x-omics and/or data science.
- Experience in software application development with strong programming skills.
- Proficiency in scripting language (e.g., Python or Perl) is required, experience in Java and database development is a plus.
- Strong background in statistics, proficiency in R programming.
- Demonstrated ability in computational method and algorithm development.
- Strong background and experience in sequence analysis and multi-omics data analysis.
- Experience in machine learning and deep learning
Functional Area: Data Analytics & Digital Business
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html