Voir tous les résultats
Sr System Engineer
Environment you are working in
This position is part of Global IT, Infrastructure Technology, Digital Workplace – Messaging and Communications.
The Merck’s Messaging infrastructure is utilized across the globe by more than 60.000 users as part of the Microsoft Office 365
The Messaging and Communications Team is responsible for planning, designing, installing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing the Merck's Office 365 Messaging Hybrid architecture.
The Team performs hands-on tasks to manage and maintain Merck’s Messaging system (Online and Hybrid infrastructure) and related technologies.
The team works together with other infrastructure units like Network-, IAM- and Security teams, provides input and collaborates with the Global Service Desk and structures services based on requirements from application and business units. Effective communications and accountability are of the highest importance.
You are responsible for:
- Manage and monitor Exchange hybrid infrastructure and connected systems towards exchange online (i.e. ADFS, Azure AD, etc.).
- Providing functional and L1 technical support for resolution of customer problems, incidents, issues, requests and queries pertaining to mainly messaging issue and related systems.
- Document changes to the systems using change management best practices.
- Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and system access monitoring.
- Assist with the migration of large volumes of data into the cloud platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with user related to messaging topics.
- Perform Capacity management monitor and plan HW and SW upgrade accordingly
- Support Security Teams on issues related to the connected mail systems like Security Gateway and Data Loss Protection systems, anti-phishing, anti-spam etc.
- Maintain a good understanding of upcoming changes to the platforms to assist with user change management.
- Deliver a consistent process for incident and problem escalation along with resolution in line with the sourcing governance framework.
- Collaborate with other IT staff, including networking, security, and data center operation teams, to facilitate effective issue resolution.
- Think globally and works together across departments and geographies, encouraging teamwork that respects diverse backgrounds and cultural differences to drive results.
General skills and qualifications required:
- Professional experience in IT in a large Enterprise environment with many thousands of users.
- Willingness to join a team supporting the service in a 24 h / 7d operation model.
- Operate, monitoring, maintain and troubleshoot of a Microsoft Exchange enterprise environment.
- Experienced and well versed in all Microsoft environments like Skype (on premise/online), AzureOn-Prem AD administration, Windows Server and Exchange Server Administration.
- Understanding and troubleshooting support on firewall, Gateway and mail relay configuration, Encryption and messaging security technologies.
- Support processes with interfacing Service Desk, Field Service and 2nd and 3rd level support
- Mature and self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Experience in supporting users globally.
- Responsibility for the improvement of all products, services, processes and working routines within the working area.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to facilitate communication and coordination with network users throughout the company
- ITIL processes like Incident-, Problem-, Change- and Service Continuity management.
Specific knowledge and competencies required:
- 2 to 6 years of Exchange On-Premise and Exchange Online experience in Large Enterprise Environment.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and it’s interaction with Active Directory.
- Experience on managing directory sync into Azure AD and On-Prem AD user management.
- Understanding on managing user authentication through global ADFS.
- Knowledge on managing secure environments using MFA, DLP, RM and encryption.
- Ability to create PowerShell scripts to schedule repeatable Office 365 actions and to manage Exchange Online and On-Prem.
- Understanding of supporting Office desktop messaging related applications.
- Thorough working knowledge and ability to troubleshoot all networking. related issues (DNS, Routing, Network Protocols, etc.).
- Capabilities to manage email archiving solutions and retention policies.
- Installation/Configuration of Microsoft Exchange.
- Implementation and management of Exchange High Availability technologies (e.g. DAG s, Clustering).
- Knowledge on install, Configure and Run Microsoft SCOM solution for server monitoring.
- Good Knowledge on Administration and Support of Symantec E-Mail Cloud security system
- Practical knowledge of SMTP routing, LDAP, DNS, Mail Routing, and SMTP Troubleshooting,
- Administration and Troubleshooting of Mail Relay
- Knowledge about Reverse Proxy Solutions
- Knowledge about Server Platform technology
- Capability to operate Backup and Restore, Disaster Recovery procedures and Patch Management.
- In depth understanding and working Exchange mailboxes, distribution lists Groups and contacts.
- Skills on Mobile messaging technologies; VMWare and Intune Mobile Technology are strongly desired.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills, and experience in a professional service environment, with responsibility for supporting multiple applications and network environments.
- The following Certifications are strongly recommended:
- MCSE or MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Messaging))
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solution Associate) working towards MCSE.
- Any email archiving solution training/certification