Voir tous les résultats
Design Engineer I
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are currently seeking a Design Engineer I to join our multidisciplinary R&D team within MilliporeSigma's Life Science Chemistry business area. This role will be part of a product development team focused on consumables, hardware, and small instrumentation for the life science research market. This position is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
As an integral part of our innovation team, Design Engineer I will collaborate with our partners in Business Development, Marketing, Packaging, Packaging Engineering, and Production; ideate new product, equipment, and technology concepts; innovate solutions through chemistry and engineering; and create and deliver quality products. The Design Engineer I will have a high-quality standard for accuracy, in following good laboratory and engineering practices, and in complying with all safety regulations.
Ideate new technology and product concepts
- Knowledgeable about trends in electromechanical designs, automated systems, and general device engineering
- Build and maintain a network of academic & industrial leaders
- Participate in Voice of Customer and Key Opinion Leader panels, with a focus on translating customer needs into design requirements and specifications
- Engage with internal innovation team in formulating project concepts
Develop and deliver new products
- Design, develop, and test new products and processes from concept to commercialization
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and external design development partners, suppliers, and consultants to meet project needs within budget and timeline
- Have a balanced combination of hands-on, design, and process engineering experience
- Offer technical training to Production or Packaging to aid product or process transfer as needed
- Help define and execute design verification and validation activities in coordination with the receiving plant during the product commercialization phase
- Utilize statistical methods to evaluate the reliability of experimental results and to draw meaningful conclusions and follow up actions
- Create appropriate validation and qualification documentation for new processes and equipment, assist in development of SOPs within the ISO 9001 framework
- Baseline knowledge for determining manufacturability of mechanical and/or electrical systems
- Understanding of product development within Design Controls environment
Collaborate across functions to achieve business goals
- Actively contribute to chartering for well-defined projects
- Work closely with other R&D engineers, scientists, marketing, and manufacturing colleagues to develop and launch innovative products addressing customers’ needs.
- Leverage expertise of subject matter experts
- Lead project efforts in other areas expertise to create business value
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electromechanical (Mechatronic), Mechanical, Biomedical Engineering, or other Engineering field, and 3+ years of industrial experience
- Experience with designing and/or implementing automated systems
- Experience with both product & process development and transitioning products from R&D into manufacturing
- Proven track record of technical leadership for
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and effectively under defined project timelines
- Excellent computer and data collection skills
- Ability to apply a diverse knowledge of engineering principles to a broad range of consumable products
- Superior hands-on ability to develop simple prototypes & troubleshoot performance issues. Work with operations to address
- Ability to manage time and multiple projects in a fast-paced development culture
- Strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles, and balancing multiple priorities effectively
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with multiple locations
- Experience with ISO 9001 QMS
- Work experience in chemistry innovation field or chemical manufacturing
- Expert knowledge of CAD (SolidWorks or Pro-E); Solidworks Certifications such as CSWA, CSWE, CSWP are a plus
- Has developed novel programs and applications in a modern programming language
- Knowledge and experience in project management software and project documentation
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.