Voir tous les résultats
Product Manager, Antibody Portfolio
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Within the LSB organization and the Protein Pathways & Analysis Franchise, this role is the product manager for key portions of the antibody business, including portfolios expected to drive growth over the next several years. This role will drive the analysis of product performance and market knowledge:
- Assess key markets, technology trends, customer needs, target industries, target accounts, target personas, and competitors for franchise
- Identify priority opportunities across workflows and customer segments
- Test and calibrate recommendations based on voice of customer research, maintaining close contacts to key opinion leaders and academia, and understanding key technology trends and opportunities.
- Combine market opportunities and priorities with deep assessment of portfolio characteristics, competitors, etc into implications and direction for franchise strategies
- Monitor and optimize existing product business including understanding sales/growth trends, product profitability trends, relative investments and forecasts. Develop additional portfolio recommendations based on existing product performance.
New product development and product expansion projects:
- Provides product definition, product features, performance requirements and trade-offs, product value proposition and business case for new product development
- Act as business lead within cross-functional team on all relevant projects (TDP, PDP, ADP, BD) with particular focus on project scoping and planning, consistent team participation and collaboration, management and execution of critical activities, and accountability for driving/ influencing appropriate decision-making. Ultimate responsibility for assessing project team and project direction and escalating as needed for resolution.
- Set appropriate direction and priority for new product launch plans for projects within responsibility, including assessing critical factors for commercial success of new novel technology/innovation products and extension product launches. Establish market adoption plans, priorities and objectives based on assessment of critical success factors.
- Responsible as part of cross-functional teams for achieving key milestones in product development as well as technology and application development, including but not solely focused on delivery of on-time product launches
- Partner with Business Development to develop optimal licensing and partnerships
- Partner with Operations/Procurement on make or buy recommendations, and finds potential sources as needed
- Design and lead efforts with Technical Marketing and appropriate Commercial teams on new product concept development, alpha/beta trials, product launch, and market adoption initiatives.
Product sustainability & supply:
- Provide consistent support for product other initiatives from commercial, supply chain, legal and others in collaboration with PM Operations, and provides appropriate answers and solutions, in collaboration with all other internal functions.
- Prioritize and manage (with appropriate support from other functions) critical data management and documentation requirements associated with specific products and product families
- Watches supply chain performance along with PM Operations and interacts as needed to maintain industry leading service & quality levels. Provide guidance from application/ business/ customer perspective as needed to improve/ sustain product supply. Develop plans of action for customer and commercial implications for execution in collaboration with other functions in case of supply disruption.
- Partners closely with PM Operations, Quality, and Supply Chain for near- and long-term improvement initiatives, regular execution support communications, and margin monitoring and improvement.
- Conduct regular analysis of portfolio pricing, including price position vs competition and across geographies, pricing structure, and ongoing monitoring of profitability impacts
- Partner with Commercial colleagues and Pricing team to ensure pricing that enables field sales success by determining optimal catalog prices, guidance on appropriate level of pricing / discounting, and monitoring of execution of pricing strategy
Portfolio Positioning Development and Go to Market Priorities for Product Segment:
- Defines product and workflow messaging and positioning for key applications and product types across all platforms and channels, including all associated partner portfolios. Develops core promotional collateral, digital content and commercial tools from end-user perspective with holistic value propositions.
- Monitor and develop appropriate responses to competitive activities and opportunities
- Partner with Commercial colleagues, Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing to ensure optimal sales mix across channels: Account management, technical selling, digital sales, dealer channel, ebusiness channel.
- Partner with Digital marketing to develop web activities, tools and content for products.
- Provide product application training, including competitive responses, for all appropriate sales channels
This position is a preferred as an office-based role located in Burlington MA, St. Louis MO or Temecula CA; field-based considered.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, or other Scientific field
- 4+ years of work and/or education experience in the Laboratory & Life Science industry
- M.Sc., MBA or PhD in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, or other Scientific discipline
- Product management experience
- Demonstrated capability reading technology and market trends, and strategically planning future product opportunities
- Experience working across organizational lines to translate market trends and opportunities into financial business plans
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to lead an organization by promoting competency development and inspiring others
- Working knowledge of systems / tools (e.g., SAP, Oracle, Aera, Palantir) and/or other data analysis experience
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.