Voir tous les résultats
Technical Service Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Technical and Scientific Solutions (TSS) group provides high quality scientific and technical support to MilliporeSigma customers developing or manufacturing bio-pharmaceuticals. The Technical Service Scientist reports into the TSS team and is responsible for providing technical expertise and support to our customers. This is done through our toll-free phone line, email, and website on our Process Solutions product portfolio and associated technologies used in the Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical industry.
- Provide product recommendations, application support and technical troubleshooting via phone, web, and email inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Utilize CRM tools to document and report customer and account activity and request for new products
- Possess working knowledge of technical specifications, uses, applications, and literature for over 300,000 products.
- Utilize scientific knowledge and available resources to provide solutions to customers’ research problems.
- Generate and qualify leads and cross-selling opportunities from incoming customer inquiries.
- Enhance our product information databases by documenting technical information from customer interactions.
- Possess working knowledge of technical specifications, uses, applications, and literature for products.
- Applies knowledge of regulatory standards where required.
- Recruits the appropriate expertise when required for problem solving.
- Act as a customer advocate as well as a liaison between the customer and appropriate internal groups (Customer Excellence, R&D, Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Quality, etc.).
- Document product quality issues in a professional, efficient and concerned manner that facilitates quick and effective resolution.
- Participates in projects that improve technical support or provide/update product information: Works with Technical Service Managers, Product Managers, and Sales on identified projects.
- Takes a proactive role in developing solutions to problem. Utilizes customer interactions to maximize opportunities for technical, business, and service improvements.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or other life science field and 3+ years laboratory and chromatography experience (including troubleshooting issues)
- Ph. D. or Master’s Degree in Chemistry
- Experience in chemistry lab using chromatography and material chemistry
- Eagerness to learn and share knowledge as a curious learner and customer focused team-player
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing priorities
- Self-motivated and accepting of challenges
- Ability to work with different teams in a multicultural and international environment
- Proficiency of computer programs and technologies to perform job responsibilities
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.