Voir tous les résultats
Regulatory Expert, Dangerous Goods
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Dangerous Goods Regulatory Expert in the Global Hazard Communication department of the Life Sciences business sector, you are responsible for tracking and understanding regulatory requirements, implementing systems, data, and processes to support transport regulations with regard to a broad global Life Science product portfolio as well as further optimizing, streamlining and automating the global DG processes to enhance compliance and efficiency. The basic framework is constituted by the SAP module EHSM as the central data repository of substance data and RID/ADR, IMO, IATA classifications.
In a global team, in day-to-day business, or in global projects you assess dangerous goods classifications and determine packaging and transport restrictions as well as working with cross functional teams to develop compliant solutions that fulfill the business needs.
- Experience leading cross functional projects
- Monitor compliance of dangerous goods shipments – completed and in process – and of advising site personnel where corrections are needed
- Working in a warehouse environment
- Enforcing transport compliance with both internal and external parties
- Providing employee training
- Knowledgeable of shipment exceptions and how to apply these when necessary
- Applying NFPA, other local EHS and fire codes as related to hazardous material storage
- Functioning as a liaison for senior team members in the event of a government inspection and to help facilitate site inspections
- Conducting internal audits of site activities and procedures and to prepare reports of findings
- Travel for offsite department meetings/workshops as needed
- Acting as a regional dangerous goods manager for our US East Coast facilities supporting other individual site DG managers by providing training and site visits
- Project management and communication skills; willingness to work cooperatively within a global team
- Follow all site safety protocols and wearing of PPE
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, bioinformatics, chemistry or related field and 2 + years of experience in a related field -OR-
- 10 + years of experience in a Life Science or Logistics field handling Dangerous Goods
- 3 + years of experience with regulations concerning dangerous goods transport as laid out in the UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods - Model Regulations and can translate regulatory requirements into technical processes
- Experience with SAP EHSM, Oracle, knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Team spirit, outstanding initiative, reliability and accuracy
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.