Voir tous les résultats
Principal Automation & Controls Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Principal Automation & Controls Engineer position is a hands-on job requiring excellent technical and communication skills. Will apply professional automation knowledge and skills to process control programming. Additionally, the Engineer may work with all lines of business but primarily the process building group. The Principal Controls Engineer should possess a high level of technical knowledge in general and in the specific technologies assigned to them. They should have a strong understanding of industrial and process automation as well as IT systems and networking. They should have a strong knowledge of manufacturing process and laboratory systems within a regulated industry. The engineer also has worked specifically on integration projects working with Data historians and plantwide MES systems integrating the manufacturing equipment with the business systems. A full lifecycle experience of projects within the highly regulated healthcare industry from inception and design through installation, validation and commissioning will be a plus.
- Build robust and sustainable automated end-to-end solutions for various workflows, e.g., from instrument measurement to a data warehouse.
- Serve as a lead automation engineer and drive Digitalization across the site.
- Act as a mentor to help grow technical expertise of the cross functional team
- Understand customer requirements and translate them into automation designs
- Apply an operational excellence mindset to help identify, devise, and recommend new opportunities to optimize current processes
- Train colleagues in the use of technologies within the Principal Controls Engineer's area of expertise
- Work with corporate IT to design the process control network including hardware selection
- Align the technological development of the Sheboygan facility with the rest of MilliporeSigma
- Decide on all manor of testing, comissioning and check out of the automation control systems
- Prepare and test PLC hardware for projects. Develop testing matrices for proof of function.
Who you Are:
- Bachelor of Science is required in an Engineering or other Science discipline, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems.
- MS degree in Engineering or MBA desirable.
- Minimum 7 years of related work experience
- Manage Controls Engineering aspects of major projects with minimal supervision
- A basic understanding of Life Science, chemicals production processes, supply chain and distribution.
- Able to ensure detailed planning across all functions and ensure alignment between multiple stakeholders.
- Communicascte actively with all stakeholders at all levels within the organization such as project management office, production unit heads, other relevant group functions to achieve best and aligned results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and meeting management skills.
- Evaluate problems and opportunities and develop solutions. Develops risk analysis and details mitigations to reduce risks.
- Procure necessary contractor services, material and equipment to support capital projects and processes.
- Helps to develop a plant-wide playbook of hardware choices, integration procedures, software standards and cybersecuity practices.
- Work with project engineering team to manage and coordinate startup, commissioning and closeout of projects
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suit, AutoCAD, and document management system.
- Ability to understand and provide direction to assure compliance with MilliporeSigma’s internal and external regulatory agencies’ policies, codes, standards and regulations
- Self starting with a sense of ownership. Is an excellent leader and communicator. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, delegates tasks, and builds a team. Shows a positive attitude and attention to details. Shows organizational and internal customer service skills, aligns with MilliporeSigma’s values and ethics.
- Shows a professional understanding of safety and environmental procedures and requirements for construction or project related work.
- The engineer will work in conjunction with IT, OT & Laboratory teams as well as the wider project groups to ensure that the site is aligned with MilliporeSigma corporate strategy for plant digitalization processes.
- Develop process flow maps to document current conditions on site
- Work with vendors to ensure that all automation, engineering, and laboratory design proposals are aligned with MilliporeSigma strategies to allow for a smooth integration and to take maximum advantage of the benefits provided by Digitization into the future.
- Determine most appropriate IT tools and systems to be utilized when, collaborating, storing, and securing data and educate stakeholders accordingly.
- Use their knowledge and expertise to suggest re-design where necessary.
- Support with the integration of existing systems into a new framework
- Align with project timelines and report on progress
- Experience managing complex technical project in IT Infrastructure with a focus on setting and managing large corporate campus networks and Data Center and associated services.
- Technical competency in a wide range of automation environments, including command-level control of different computers, switches, and firewall.
- Practical competence on Hyper-Converged, Tier Storage, Backup, Archival & Disaster Recovery
- Full understanding of and experience managing projects within constraints of GxP
- Experience using AGILE tools and framework with ability to look up code in Version control tools.
- Working Knowledge of: Process Automation platforms – Instrumentation, PLC / SCADA, DCS, Laboratory platforms
- Familiarity with Cyber Security (ISA / IEC 2443) • Data Integrity, GAMP / 21 CFR 11, GLP &GDP
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.