Voir tous les résultats
Associate Production Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Associate Production Scientist will manufacture and evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department. Specific job duties include:
- Completes a variety of lab and/or pilot scale-up synthesis processes in support of the development of processes used in the manufacture of new/existing products
- Responsible for the completion of all lab processes involved in the preparation of products and raw materials
- Takes lead in identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Resolve any unsafe conditions
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations
- Ensure quality throughout the process
- Perform routine assays, processes and/or unit operations
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal)
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures
- Participate in quality audits
- Other duties may include training, custom products, simple experimental design, and troubleshooting processes and/or equipment
- Follows written instructions via MPS/SOP/ISO guidelines
- Monitors processes, identifies opportunities for process improvement, and designs/conducts simple experiments to increase yield, improve product quality, or develop new products
- Set up lab and/or pilot processes according to technical specifications provided by the Production Supervisor
- Maintains QC experimental records including raw data, spreadsheets, worksheets, reports
- Assists in training and orientation of new manufacturing processes and training of new production staff
- Move materials weighing up to 50 pounds
- Safely handle chemicals using proper PPE
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or other Life science discipline
- 3+ years of work experience in laboratory setting
- Basic knowledge of chemistry, chromatography theory, equipment, and apparatus
- Ability to write clearly and legibly and use basic math principles of calculation of ratios and percentages
- Use judgment under a minimum of supervision and direction
- Experience with PCs for data management or manipulation
- Demonstrated technical leadership within work area
- Demonstrated flexibility across work areas
- Independent lab research
- Knowledge of process techniques and unit operations, analytical techniques and equipment, safe chemical handling methods, knowledge of ISO Quality standards
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.