Voir tous les résultats
Associate Quality Control Chemist (Lab)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Associate Quality Control Chemist at MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI conducts chemical suitability tests in accordance with guidelines of our quality management system (QMS).
This position is on 2nd shift with regular scheduled work hours of 2PM-10:30PM Monday-Friday.
- Perform routine analytical tests and primary review in compliance with standardized methodology
- Operate analytical equipment and software such as titration(s), spectroscopy, chromatography, etc.
- Document and process analytical data
- Perform standard stoichiometry and unit conversions
- Compare analytical data against established library(s) and product specification(s)
- Maintain complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines
- Safely handle, process, route, and request stock suitability samples
- Perform basic analytical problem solving
- Support general laboratory functions and routine maintenance
- Identify opportunities for quality improvement in compliance with Quality Management System
- Communicate with relevant management and departments to ensure customer focused excellence
- Prioritize responsibilities in alignment with established department goals
- May wear appropriate protective gear, such as respirators and chemical protective clothing, for long periods of time while performing daily tasks
- May involve occasional lifting and pushing of up to 50 pounds
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other life science discipline
- 2+ years of experience in a quality control or laboratory setting
- Knowledge in chemistry, math, and general science
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Good customer service and communications skills, both oral and written
- Basic understanding of analytical tools and equipment
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling practices
- Proficiency with computing chemical calculations and conversions
- Ability to adapt, self-motivate, and think critically
- Organization and time management skills
- Database management software skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software such as Word and Excel
- Basic understanding of Data Integrity
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.