Voir tous les résultats
Manufacturing Supervisor - 3rd Shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The primary responsibilities of the Manufacturing Supervisor include supervision of all production activities, planning & scheduling of production resources, troubleshooting process chemistry, training employees on equipment operation, cGMP, and internal Millipore Sigma systems and procedures, and recruitment.
- Assist in Kilo Lab and Pilot Plant manufacturing of APIs and intermediates when necessary
- Function as a primary operator for any project and troubleshoot production equipment if needed
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Millipore Sigma Madison procedures
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of synthetic and process chemistry
- Coordinate project flow between departments to ensure timely completion of manufacturing
- Author, utilize, and train employee on written procedures, including batch records and OP’s and have a strong working knowledge of electronic documentation systems
- Coordinate annual inventory counts
- Perform manufacturing and other related training sessions for staff members
- Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines
- Act as a representative of Millipore Sigma Madison for customers and vendors
- Ensure that employees maintain accurate and concise cGMP records
- Conduct performance reviews for employees on a regular basis
- Must work well in a team environment both within and outside of the production department
- Build effective teams within the production department
- Compile a weekly production schedule that maximizes available throughput
- Attend weekly manager’s meeting and provide updates to management on project status
- Assist PD staff in process scaleup activities and tech transfer
- Ensure that employees maintain clean and safe working environment
- Conduct recruitment activities
- Supervise, train, and motivate staff to meet production deadlines
- Interpret in-process data results and act as a secondary reviewer of data for off shifts
- Adhere to SAFC Pharma ethical and behavioral standards as outlined in the employee handbook
- Be a role model for staff with superior work ethic and excellent occupational behavior
- Train new employees and cross train current employees
- Identify gaps and areas for improvement in production systems and work to resolve them
- Ensure employees adhere to outlined expectations and take disciplinary action when necessary
- Manage all projects coming through production by assigning chemists and monitoring project progress
- Must be available by phone in case of emergency
- May involve lifting, up to 50 pounds
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other Life Science discipline
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing leadership role
- Experience in pharmaceutical or API manufacturing
- Strong understanding of cGMPs
- Strong organizational, communication (verbal & written), and critical thinking skills
- Ability to lead by example, effectively manage resources, delegate, and prioritize tasks
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.