Voir tous les résultats
Upstream MSAT Technical Consultant f/m
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As an experienced Upstream MSAT Technical Consultant for our Bioprocess Division you will be reporting to the Manufacturing Sciences & Technology organization. You will provide proactive technical collaboration and standard methodologies' guidance supporting cell expression technologies (CHO, Sf9, HEK, etc.), cell culture media, and process development, optimization, scale-up for upstream applications. Understanding of bioreactor operations, single-use processing, and process analytical technologies (PAT) is an advantage. Main responsibilities include providing both pre- and post-sales expert technical scientific and engineering support for the development and implementation of customer applications. Supporting may be in the form of remote consultancy, at our state-of-the-art upstream facility in our EMEA M Lab™, or on the customer site. You will assess the feasibility and soundness of proposed upstream technical applications, experiments, materials, and / or equipment, consultatively support (and complete on-site when appropriate) upstream cell line development and cell culture and process development activities. Support catalogue cell culture media and feed performance screening activities, independently design, direct and review experiments to understand process sensitivity/limitations, and critically analyze data to address application and operational issues. Further, you will produce quality and timely written reports, operating protocols, applications briefs and any other appropriate documentation that collects the results of customer trial work with the consideration of getting customer approval to publish any novel or interesting application work. It is expected that in your role you will attend relevant congresses / tradeshows with plans to grow into technically present / joint presenting with customer on work. Developing and extending customer contacts with growing internal and customer credibility as the expert. Additionally, to deliver technical training and seminars covering our products, applications, and services for our internal and external customers. You will collaborate with our commercial, R&D, and marketing teams, providing the voice of customers, market trends, thought leadership activities and alignment of go-to-market strategies. Within the team, you will get along with local and global colleagues to ensure a common “Best Practices” technical approach for upstream application development and implementation and drive continuous improvement in both tools and methodologies.
Who you are:
- Relevant upstream biotherapeutic development and / or manufacturing experience is a crucial attribute required for this technically collaborative role as well as well-developed verbal, listening and written communication skills, and a customer-oriented ability to respond to customer needs in a timely fashion.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, life sciences, chemistry, or biochemistry/molecular biology with 3+ industry related biopharmaceutical development experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, life sciences, chemistry, or biochemistry / molecular biology with 5 +years of proven track record within biopharmaceutical development or technology implementation is a minimum.
- Strong background and hands-on experience in upstream processing of biotherapeutics (monoclonal antibodies and vaccines focus is essential plus additional experience with cell and viral gene therapies an advantage) is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the development, scale up and implementation of upstream applications and technologies (cGMP).
- The position is focused on supporting the full EMEA region, therefore, highly motivated, and disciplined mindset is essential as well as a flexible approach and strong organizational skills, high level of initiative with the ability to complete short- and longer-term projects, and a willingness to travel up to 50 % of your time.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html