Voir tous les résultats
Maintenance Tech II (Night Shift)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
***Sign On Bonus of $5000***
The Maintenance department is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the 24/7 facility including building, utility and equipment for offices, laboratories, manufacturing, and warehousing. This position diagnoses mechanical, electrical, or instrumental problems, and makes necessary repairs for all facility equipment and buildings. A sense of urgency in terms of maximizing production and minimizing down time is necessary in this type of manufacturing environment. Specific job duties include:
- This is a Night Shift role with hours of 7:00pm – 7:30am on a 2-2-3 schedule
- Performs preventive maintenance duties including equipment checking, parts replacement, lubrication, and vibration analysis
- Assists in procurement of parts and supplies
- Completing assigned preventive and corrective maintenance work orders in the SAP CMMS
- Following standard operating procedures and using good documentation practices on work performed
- Effectively using the Change Control / Management of Change process when changes are needed
- Prioritize multiple work requests
- Assists in the design and construction of engineering projects within the site
- Maintains required quality systems documentation
- Coordinates outside contractors for maintenance projects
- Coordinating and directing contractors and other technicians used to assist in completing work
- Generating and leading process improvements, including visual work instructions and clarifications to written procedures
- Using and updating equipment documentation, including drawings/schematics, spare parts lists, and other equipment data
- Operating hand tools, power tools, basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.) and mechanical/electrical testing equipment
- Using measurement and test equipment to test and troubleshoot equipment and instrumentation Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting and repairing equipment including:
- Automated packaging equipment (fillers)
- Control systems / PLCs (electronic and pneumatic)
- Analytical equipment and instrumentation
- Instrumentation (gauges and sensors for flow, pressure, temperature, etc.)
- Heating equipment (boilers, water heaters)
- Cooling equipment (chillers, rooftop DX units, dehumidifiers, coolers, freezers)
- Ventilation equipment (air handlers, exhaust systems)
- Piping systems (potable water, DI water, steam, glycol, heating, cooling water)
- Pumps (fluid, vacuum)
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Involves potential for overtime including weekend and off-shift work
- Walk, stand, reach above the shoulders
- Lift or move 50 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, and use hands to operate tools and equipment
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Wear appropriate PPE such as: a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, protective clothing, respirator, and/or face shield
- Working at varying heights
- Work in confined spaces
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 + years of experience as a mechanic or calibration technician in an industrial setting
- Experience with cGMP requirements and maintenance practices
- Proven understanding of electrical safety programs (grounding, arc flash, etc.)
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and 5S skills
- Self-motivation and high efficiency skills
- Knowledgeable in common computer applications and building management systems
- Good organization and communication skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude and math skills
- Proficiency with computers and experience with MS office and SAP
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.