Voir tous les résultats
Associate Director Governmental and Public Affairs
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Your role: At the heart of the European Union, join our Biopharma Governmental & Public Affairs team and be part of an exciting journey. Multicultural, Empowering and Inspiring are among the keywords which have been shared with us to describe this team. In this role, you will play a key role in monitoring and analyzing the EU political and health policy environment, working cross-functionally and briefing the senior leadership team in order to define policy impacts and our priorities and positions, and driving targeted external engagement programmes, ultimately striving to advance science and access to treatments for patients in Europe. You will actively contribute to the development and implementation of our Government Affairs strategy within Europe in collaboration with internal partners. You will support our Governmental Affairs country teams in their work on local policies as well as their contribution to tackling the EU Pharma Strategy review. You will develop and implement relevant projects and programs such as policy position papers, disease awareness and advocacy campaigns, executive leadership outreach plans, improving engagement and corporate positioning, to contribute to effective EU policy making with our expertise in advancing science and innovation. Taking an active role in Trade Associations, you also serve as the point of contact in Brussels to educate the organization on the broader policy picture. You will also manage program budgets and consultants as needed. In this period of deep revision of the European Pharmaceutical landscape and regulations, you will be a key element in setting up a favourable future environment thanks to a strong external engagement activity, while preparing the company for the upcoming regulation changes.
Who you are:
- You have a University Degree in a related field, such as EU law, political science, public policy or health care is required.
- You have a solid understanding of European institutions and EU decision-making processes, with significant experience and a track record in interacting with EU collaborators
- You have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in public policy (governmental or EU institutions, trade association advocacy, public affairs consulting or NGOs)
- You have a strong business acumen; previous experience or knowledge of the pharmaceutical sector. Experience in trade association will be an asset
- You like engaging with policymakers, where you have to explain and defend your position. With strong convincing skills and an appetite for key or difficult discussions, you are driven by the will to build an impact on your environment. A previous commercial or negotiation experience would be considered an asset.
- You possess strong presentation and communication skills; the capacity to represent the company at meetings with policy officials and other high-level external partners
- You have a proficient level of English (written and spoken), and fluency in additional European languages will be an asset
- You are based in Brussels or willing to be relocated
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html