Voir tous les résultats
Head of Targeting, mRNA Delivery
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Targeted mRNA delivery has the potential to change patient lives by enabling life changing therapies. An M-Ventures funded biotech start-up is poised to seize the opportunity at the intersection between the Healthcare and Life Science Divisions of Merck, KGaA Darmstadt, Germany. Our mandate is to think big and reach across teams to leverage the full capabilities of the organization.
With the agility of a startup and the resources of a leading multinational organization, the targeted mRNA delivery team is transforming the way researchers develop mRNA therapies. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As a founding member of the stealth startup leadership team, you will drive a multi-functional team crafting a ground breaking, targeting platform which will enable the therapeutic delivery of mRNA. Reporting to the startup “CEO”, you will have shared responsibility for the success and growth of the venture.
- Building a biotech team to implement mRNA vision with capabilities in: Immunology drug discovery, active targeting constructs, Linker / conjugation techniques, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics and LNP formulation development
- Develop and execute a roadmap to include: Selection of target system (cell type, mRNA payload), targeting moiety design, integration of moiety with lipid nano particle, and optimization of lipid nanoparticle formulation
- Integrate this dedicated team with capabilities that exist across the Healthcare business
- Build an ecosystem of teamwork and best practice sharing with mRNA/LNP experts
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in life science or engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of biopharmaceutical experience including development of targeted therapies and/or delivery systems, e.g. ADCs, nano-carriers
- Experience leading multifunctional teams across geographies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Location: Boston Area Preferred
Travel: Ability to travel 20% (national and global travel)
- PhD in life science or engineering
- Experience in mRNA / LNP development
- Ability to work under pressure optimally in a global, matrixed organization across multiple time zones and geographies
- Highly organized, detailed, creative, results-driven problem solver with demonstrated flexibility and collaborative working style
- Ability to lead multiple collaborators and complex projects simultaneously
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.