Voir tous les résultats
Senior Solution Architect - Node JS (hybrid)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position will be responsible for the overall front end architecture of our applications, both internal and external. You will manage activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation. The Senior Solution Architect will work with backend service providers to consume RESTful web services, views with the help of HTML/CSS/JS developers, UX/UI Designers, and Business/Functional Analysts.
- Responsible for Front-End development support and guiding code standards, front end system architecture
- Consumption of RESTFUL web services into views, state stores models, and event-driven behaviors as specified by UX/UI design team
- Isomorphic / Universal rendering of pages on server and client
- Lead in the development of customized e-commerce and web application solutions
- Own Front-End Architecture
- Maintain Code quality through thorough testing, code reviews and refactoring.
- Responsible for assisting in the establishment of an IT Architecture practice, and the adoption of an architecture and standards methodology.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Champions a structured approach to business application solutions.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Influences changes to standards when necessary.
- Develops and executes solutions which further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
Who you are:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years leading technical development team
- 5+ years working in front-end development roles on technical team
- 3+ years’ experience in Node js
- Experience using Agile development practices
- Strong knowledge and understanding of API driven development; (REST, JSON, HTTP methods)
- Strong knowledge of version control systems (Git preferred)
- Working knowledge of modern CSS frameworks, best-practices, and responsive design
- Working knowledge of UX design principles, Search Engine Optimization, Information Architecture
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Proficiency in English
- Experience working on e-commerce or large-scale web applications
- Experience with statically typed JS (TypeScript, Flow)
- Experience with Node deployments
- Experience working on international teams
- Demonstrated experience using API, service-oriented architecture and building scalable applications
- Experience with writing tests using Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, or similar
Location: St. Louis MO Hybrid
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.