Voir tous les résultats
Facilities Maintenance Technician II
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
Perform day-to-day Maintenance and Facilities tasks to help ensure the operational readiness of all facilities infrastructure and manufacturing process equipment. The Maintenance Technician II is expected to perform these tasks in an efficient and safe manner. This role is also expected to work under minimum supervision and will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Lead Technician.
- Execute maintenance tasks related to the Preventive and Corrective Maintenance of: site safety systems; site regulatory compliance systems; and facility infrastructure and production manufacturing equipment.
- Assist with the troubleshooting, testing and repair of equipment and systems.
- Provide mechanical fabrication support as required for the construction of new manufacturing production units and the upkeep/repair of existing manufacturing production units.
- Provide support and assistance with facility related upkeep and general maintenance tasks.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly inspection checklists as assigned.
- Participate in the On-Call rotation for after-hours response.
- Use of basic hand and power tools
- Perform tasks that require moderate physical activity
- Wear an air purifying respirator and self-contained breathing apparatus
Who you are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience working in a Facilities/Maintenance department of an industrial or manufacturing company.
- Strong safety focus.
- Ability to organize thoughts to complete a Job Safety Analysis or Pre-Task Safety Assessment.
- Working understanding of energy isolation and hot work.
- Knowledge of construction, HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Ability to operate mills, lathes, table and band saws.
- Ability to weld.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and P&IDs.
- Possess basic computer skills (e.g. use of Microsoft Excel and Word)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.