Voir tous les résultats
Senior Portfolio Lead
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery! Our 60,300 people are crafting how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and exciting ways of improving the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Within the Chemistry organization, this role acts to drive near term and long-term strategic objectives of the Biochemicals Business by helping to define the business from a technology and capability set. This role will drive:
Portfolio strategy & direction:
- Develop a fundamental understanding of technologies, operations, and mechanisms that drive the existing portfolio. This includes R&D development capabilities, manufacturing and commercialization capabilities, cost drivers, and channels used.
- Develop fundamental understanding of the demands and challenges associated with product management and create capabilities designed to increase efficiency and performance in those areas. Such demands and challenges include tracking business performance, road mapping, pipeline development, and data generation/management.
- Support Business Field Head in leading strategic projects spanning across multiple product segments and on specific high growth segments targeted in long-term strategy.
- Help support knowledge-building of market competitors and customer needs that drive and impact the business and Business Segment strategies.
Portfolio expansion, with particular focus on key innovation programs:
- Co-lead in identifying and onboarding critical new technologies needed to advance the organization’s strategy, including strategic fit, critical value proposition, potential for leverage across businesses.
- Co-develop innovation approaches that align with the strategies and/or increase leverage of existing capabilities in collaboration with the Product Segment Heads, Product Managers, and Business Field Head.
- Act as business lead for key innovation programs selected for strategic impact / ability to drive expansion of product segments. Lead cross-functional team on all relevant projects (Technology Development, Product Development, Application Development and Business Development), with particular focus on project scoping and planning, consistent team participation and collaboration, management and execution of critical activities, and accountability for driving/ influencing appropriate decision-making. Ultimate responsibility for assessing project team and project direction and escalating as needed for resolution.
- Responsible as part of cross-functional teams for achieving key milestones in product development as well as technology and application development, including but not solely focused on delivery of on-time product launches
- Partner with Business Development to develop optimal licensing and partnerships and R&D for evaluation of potential new technologies
- Coordinate activities related to innovation roadmap
Portfolio positioning development, with particular focus on strategic priorities:
- Co-develop product and workflow messaging and positioning for key applications and product types across all platforms and channels, in line with strategic priorities of the business
- Support key product line management functions, including evaluation of product lifecycle and profitability, interactions/requirements of key functions. Proportionate responsibility for revenue and margin growth including analysis and reporting out business performance metrics.
- Support the evaluation of customer satisfaction and business segment competitiveness
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree 8+ years’ experience
- Proven expertise and knowledge in the Laboratory & Life Science market
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally, up to 25% of time
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, or related field.
- M.Sc. or PhD preferred, MBA a plus.
- Proven capability reading technology and market trends, and strategically planning future product opportunities
- Understanding of marketing concepts such as product life cycle and product positioning, new product development processes
- Experience working across organizational lines to translate market trends and opportunities into financial business plans
- Strong interpersonal and leadership capabilities. Demonstrated ability to manage an organization by promoting competency development and inspiring others.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.