Voir tous les résultats
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Engineer at its new Chandler AZ, Delivery Systems & Services’ Manufacturing Facility. This position provides manufacturing leadership and project management services to ensure efficient and optimized production workflow and reports directly to the Site Manager. The role may require travel up to 50% in the first year for training at other EMD locations.
- Ensure a safe, efficient, quality manufacturing process.
- Analyze and plan workflow with a focus on continuous improvement of cycle time, tac time and throughput.
- Analyze production processes, schedules, methods, and other data and then provide management with reports containing the data and statistics to enable management to better understand future requirements needed for the manufacturing process.
- Provide Project Management for the Facility Manager and/or Site Director
- Ensure that the company’s manufacturing processes compliant with product and customer specifications and that process stations conform to all government laws and regulations.
- Review and calculate labor, material, and other production costs along with reviewing schedules and future production requirements to assist management in decision making.
- Evaluate quality control processes and make recommendations for improvements in quality control.
- Using 5S and lean manufacturing principles, analyze and plan workflow, equipment placement and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and repair services and make sure that manufacturer’s procedures and instructions are followed to keep production equipment operational.
- Respond to building emergency situations as they arise.
- Provide recommendations to the Facility Manager for the development of site capital budget.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities.
- Provide engineering guidance to assist the sustaining facilities team members with solving problems and ongoing support issues.
- Use the BSP/BeSafe safety process to ensure safety compliance and performance.
- Work closely with the Quality Manager, applying Lean Six Sigma to ensure that maintenance and facilities activities and projects are carried out in a manner that meets all quality and internal customer expectations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering field (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial)
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing role
- 2+ years working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- 2+ years of Project Management experience
- 1+ years of experience with 5S, Six Sigma, or Lean Manufacturing
- Experience with process controls, high purity piping, and UPW systems.
- Previous semiconductor cleanroom experience
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated safety focus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Proven track record working with and prioritize multiple tasks within a changing environment
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal guidance.
- Able to work well within a team-oriented environment.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.