Voir tous les résultats
QC Lab Tech
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The QC Laboratory Technician will primarily perform routine analytical tests, instrument preventative maintenance, calibrations, and standardizations per written analytical procedures and work instructions; assist in problem solving efforts for safety, health, environmental, and product quality improvements under general guidelines and supervision of the Laboratory Supervisor and Manager. The QC group supports 24/7 plant operations. This position will be for a day shift, 7am-7pm working a 2on/2off/3on schedule.
- Provide routine analytical support to operation/production units for product quality, environmental, and safety concerns
- Analyze samples, report results communicate results to the operations teams
- Operate and maintain analytical equipment
- Preventative maintenance tasks/calibrations
- Assemble, install and operate equipment such as GC, FTIR, ICP/MS, analytical balances, Pipettes, pH meter, moisture analyzers and particle counters
- Adhere to and support the ISO 9001 Quality Assurance program at the site
Who You Are:
- Associate degree in Chemistry, Biology or other science field
- 2+ years of experience with laboratory operations
- 2+ experience with handling hazardous chemicals (toxic, reactive, pyrophoric, corrosive, oxidizer, Fluorine and/or HF)
- Self-starter and can work independently or with a small group.
- Experience with installing and operating equipment such as GC, FTIR, ICP/MS, analytical balances, Pipettes, pH meter, moisture analyzers and particle counters
- Preferred experience working in a clean room environment
- Proficiency in root cause analysis and 6S (or equivalent)
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, work as an individual contributor and as a member of a diverse team, a skilled problem solver, and have a strong passion for continuous improvement and quality
- Ability to use hardware and lab analysis software packages effectively to enhance productivity
- Ability to function independently and efficiently under the guidance of management and have good communications skills
- Ability to recognize existing problems, foresee potential problems, and implement measures to eliminate or reduce the probability of occurrence and/or minimize their impact
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.