Voir tous les résultats
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
About the role:
Specific job description
The primary responsibility of the IT Disaster Recovery Expert is to ensure critical Merck applications can be recovered in alignment with the Recovery Point and Time Objectives documented in our Business Impact Analysis and according to the guidelines set forth in the Service Continuity Management SOP.
Merck has identified critical applications that require recovery in more immediate recovery times to ensure access to business continuity. This role will be responsible for creating and maintaining the technical recovery plans for our mission critical applications. In addition, this role will be required to document key application dependencies, technical gaps, testing results, and procedural deficiencies that may impact an application’s failover capabilities.
This person will establish working relationships with BT IPTs and Merck Site management across the company plus 3rd party vendor to shape and implement Merck’s IT Disaster Recovery program. The program will include end-to-end processes to resume services, applications and supporting functions within a predetermined timeframe should an event occur.
Drive DR planning and testing acrcoss all Merck Site in accordance with BT process Business Impact Analysis. Ensure all sites have DRP and DR testing documented. Improved quality and speed of execution
Coordination with Infrastructure and application DR delivery teams to ensure that DR plans are updated and DR Tests are executed according to schedule
Maintain Inventory of Hosting Sites and IT Services hosted in each according to the defined DR Classification. Generate & publish the DR schedule (timing for DR plan generation & DR tests). Check & update the DR schedule. Review & approve regular local DR plans. Review & approve regular local DR tests. Review & Approve Application and Regional DC DR plans. Coordinate, review and Approve Application DR tests. Support new projects with regard to DR. Advise & consult on process execution - answer process related questions. Responding to queries and requests coming to ITSCO Mailbox. Ownership of SNOW tickets. Report process KPIs (status of DR plan & test generation). Update the DR status regularly. Communicate suggestions / improvements for process / tool / interfaces. Perform education, awareness, training. Create or update templates, sop, Wikis on existing / new activities
Who you are:
- University degree
- 3-5 year prior Disaster Recover Planning and Testing Experience
- 5-10 year hands on technical infrastructure and application development experience in multi-national organization
- Experience with management of small teams in a complex matrix environment within a global organization
JOB-SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to tie technical details with the business objectives associated with disaster recovery.
- The data created and maintained by this role will be reviewed by engineers, managers, and senior stakeholders up to the CIO level.
- The primary goal of our IT Disaster Recovery program is to ensure our applications are as resilient as possible so they can withstand a small component outage or a large disaster.
- This position will be responsible for all aspects of our technical recovery plans and processes to ensure the security, integrity, and fault tolerance of our company’s applications, systems, networks, and data.
- Develop documentation and communication of procedures to plan and implement tests to meet the service level recovery standards of our business partners.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html