Voir tous les résultats
Global Head of Digital for Operations
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Global Head of Digital for Operations is a key role to build the strategic plan and drive the implementation of the key digital technology initiatives in our manufacturing, supply chain and distribution network across our Life Science business. You will act as a leader for a focused team of project managers, technology experts and analysts and will collaborate with other teams from support functions and site teams, across our Integrated Supply Chain and Operations (ISCO) network. Your individual built business cases and execution plans will support you in acquiring management approval for significant investment initiatives. These will drive the digital transformation of our sites through the appropriate application of technology for sensing, data collection, data processing, analytics, reporting and control systems. You will strongly interact with our global teams focusing on innovation and digitalization and bring external insights from industry on global digital technology opportunities. The role is key to deliver the digital ecosystem driving the realization of Connected plants & Connected Labs and enabling operations readiness for Industry 4.0. Budget management and regular updates with senior leadership on accurate technical, business and financial status of your initiatives are part of your role. You will build and empower a team with capable resources for execution of initiatives and ongoing development of our digital roadmaps.
Your key responsibilities:
- Develop and define an overall smart manufacturing digital roadmap for ISCO, in collaboration and alignment with key partners
- Ensure that ISCO is selecting, prioritizing and investing in the technologies that will make most valuable contributions. You and your team will complete technical feasibility, cost and benefit assessments of options and prepare business cases for management approval
- Management of Opex and Capex for all “Data & Digital” projects to deliver expected results and compliance requirements, within timing and budget commitments
- Craft and continuously engage a team of capable professionals to support overall roadmap and individual projects execution
- Provide technology governance on key systems implemented across the ISCO network (including LIMS/LES/ MES/ Data Historian etc.) in multiple pilots and technology initiatives
- Support the building of overall organizational capability and engagement in digitalization of operations and the application of data analytics to drive business value from our use of data
- Develop and maintain external partnerships with key IT/OT solutions and service providers about innovative operational technologies and IT solutions (technology scouting). Evaluate applicability and business potential for ISCO sites of global technology opportunities.
- Support Digital Transformation by digital enablement and proposals for organizational change
Location can be based in Burlington (MA, USA), St Louis (MO, USA), Darmstadt (Germany) or Molsheim (France).
Who you are:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering, Computer Science, Industrial automation with PMP certification
- 10+ years in digital/automation strategy and execution roles. Proven experience in driving the development and execution of digital strategy in an operations, quality or supply chain environment.
- 5 years + management experience in digital / industrial automation role
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proficient in English
- Confirmed experience driving digital projects from first selection of digital ideas to piloting and scale up in an organization
- Experience in developing compelling, fact driven business cases and securing investment decisions from senior leadership
- Experience in leading multi-site / multi million-euro initiatives on digital and automation across manufacturing, quality labs and distribution sites
- Experienced in implementation of digital systems and infrastructure in regulated environments and application of digital quality systems
- Proven experience in identification of partners among external solutions providers, universities and research institutes and building relationships for advanced technology development.
- Cultural experience in working across multiple locations with willingness to travel (average 30%)
- Broad and deep knowledge in application of MES/LIMS/ LES/ SCADA/ Data Historian/ E.B.R. systems
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.