Voir tous les résultats
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Sourcing Specialist - Chemicals
Department: Group Procurement – Sourcing Life Science
Sourcing Specialist “Chemicals” is accountable for managing the 3rd party spend for chemical substances for dedicated businesses within Life Science in alignment with global strategies. Sourcing Specialist works within the Sourcing Life Science team and with focus on chemicals and reports to Head of China Sourcing Life Science.
Sourcing Specialist drives the development of Chemicals in the Asian region by executing global category strategies. Alignment with the internal stakeholders' requirements, strategies and demand ensures to leverage the supply market for best potential outcome for Our Group.
- Analyze demand, identify optimization potential internally as well as on the supply markets to define and execute sourcing initiatives
- Coordinate and execute local/regional sourcing initiatives
- Define and implement efficiency and value add processes
- Drive supplier management activities such as negotiations and contracting, supplier qualification, accompany supplier audits, conduct supplier business reviews and evaluations
- Support global market research requests
- Follow-up local market and EHS developments, leverage knowledge and share it with the global team
- Establish and manage network to internal stakeholders
- Support China Sourcing Life Science team tasks
Who you are
- Sourcing experience on raw material markets (esp. Chemicals) in a relevant industries
- Extensive Chinese supply market knowledge
- Ability to successfully manage projects with local/regional scope and impact
- Professional negotiation and sourcing skills
- Professional communication and presentation skills to interface between internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Excellent teamwork spirit
- Formal training: B.S., M.S., MBA or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in relevant industries
- Experience to work in global teams
- Fluency in English required
- Familiar with MRP system, Ariba, data analysis tool
- Travel requirement: approx. 10% of time
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html