Voir tous les résultats
Project Manager - Site Infrastructure
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Project Manager-Site Infrastructure role translates the targeted growth of business requirements into a planned strategy to adjust site assets and infrastructure in line with expansion plans that fuel the future growth of the Specialty Gases Business. This position is accountable for enabling the growth by leading respective assessments, project planning and execution activities of complex projects aimed at supporting the Technical Operations area. The scope of responsibility covers the Hometown plant as the initial focus, but the position is meant to supports all sites where Specialty Gases has business activities worldwide.
This role will leverage Project and Program Management strengths to analyze, plan and execute a variety of projects to adjust capacity for necessary infrastructure and utilities at the Hometown plant. These types of projects require selection of execution strategy, process scope development, estimating, project planning, hazard review, preliminary and detailed design, contractor selection, construction management, safety management, commissioning, and startup. Beyond technical project management the incumbent is expected to lead cross functional programs like product transfers or other complex business relevant activities requiring program management.
- Define, plan, execute, and control Capital and Expense projects. Align Project schedules with Budget to spend 100% prior to year-end without any overrun in spending
- Resolve and manage all issues impacting project budget and schedule
- Effectively communicate and coordinate project tasks with plant operating areas, contractors, and vendors
- Become functionally competent in all site safety and environmental policies and procedures to enable effective oversight of contractor activities, including special permitting
- Facilitate SAP Equipment, Maintenance Plan and Hardgoods Request submittals for assigned Projects using a Risk Based Inspection process
- Advocate Design for Maintenance concept
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or other engineering discipline
- 3+ years of experience in executing small to large capital projects (up to $1MM) using various execution strategies including use of contract engineering design, construction, and procurement (EPC)
- 2+ years of project management experience
- PMP certification
- Experience implementing projects in a chemical process plant environment
- Experience in industrial process plant construction and construction safety practices, chemical piping, and equipment installation practices
- Knowledge of OSHA PSM (Process Safety Management) requirements and direct experience in chemical plant safety programs
- Knowledge of robust project engineering systems as well as strong awareness and sensitivity to the complexities and safety challenges of implementing specialty materials manufacturing processes
- Validated ability to solve sophisticated problems and deal with a variety of situations while maintaining expected cost, schedule, quality, and scope
- Certified Lean & Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Proven experience as a senior member of an engineering leadership team, helping to identify solutions and develop engineering resources
- Wide range of PC software skills needed to effectively run project timelines and spending
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.