Voir tous les résultats
Field Scientific Expert
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join the company as a Senior Field Scientific Expert/Technical Specialist within the Technical and Scientific Solutions team. Based on a strong understanding of current and anticipating future customer, market and regulatory needs, the Senior Technical Specialist position is responsible for providing scientific excellence for the UK and EU customers in the biologics market with focus on the North EU territory. The candidate will serve as an experienced technical specialist in biological safety testing of biologics, viral vectors, plasmids and vaccines including viral clearance studies for manufacturing processes for pharma and biotechnology companies, and champion general scientific support for Cell and Gene Therapy (C>) technology. For this expert-level technical position, it would be an advantage to have a solid working knowledge of manufacturing principles for vaccines, live viral vectors, plasmids, biologics and current C> technologies.
Please note this role can be based anywhere in Northern Europe.
- Educated to Ph.D. level (Life Sciences or a relevant scientific field) or equivalent experience. MSc degree will be considered for applicants with extensive experience in the pharma/biotechnology field.
- At least 5 -8 years of relevant extensive experience in biologics and/or vaccines manufacturing and/or analytical assay development and applications.
- Prior experience of working in a R&D, Quality Control, CMC/Regulatory or manufacturing environment of vaccines/biologics and/or C>.
- Experience working within a regulated environment and ability to interact effectively with regulatory agencies
- Advanced presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate complex technical/scientific topics to customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Strong interpersonal experience with a demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams and individuals
- Ability to effectively communicate and build working relationships with internal teams/customer
- Willingness to travel to the UK and North EU region on average 30% of the time. Some international travel required.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html