Voir tous les résultats
R&D Scientist Lead, Branchburg, NJ
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
At EMD Performance Materials, the R&D Scientist Lead will work with a team of curious scientists providing advanced material solutions to the semiconductor industry. We are at the forefront of technology, working with all the leading semiconductor manufacturers to deliver integrated solutions to the most challenging problems.
The scope of this position is advanced research into new materials, customization of each application and intensive customer support. The task may involve managing and leading projects and being a key contact person for management and peers alike.
This role may involve both domestic and international travel 5%.
Who you are:
- PhD degree in Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other similar science or engineering field with 2 + years of experience in chemical synthesis and analysis.
- Knowledge of photoresist, lithography, patterning technology and semiconductor industry.
- Experience in molecular design for advanced materials, preferrable in photoresists or other lithographic materials.
- Demonstrated ability to perform tailor-made organic synthesis and characterization.
- Background in Organometallic Chemistry is preferred.
- Experience in organometallic cluster compounds is strongly preferred.
- Skills in handling air/moisture-sensitive reagents are desirable.
- Hands-on experience with molecular characterization tools (NMR, FT-IR, GPC, HPLC, GC etc.).
- Experience in material characterization tools (SEM, AFM, XPS, XRR, DSC, TGA, TEM etc.) is a plus.
- Highly motivated to work with a team and succeed, able to learn and adopt new concepts and capable of handling the ambiguity and the inherent uncertainties that come with advanced material research and development.
- Ability to generate new ideas, make a convincing case and drive to implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills essential.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Ability to manage projects and influence others without direct authority.
- Being able to work in a matrix environment.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.