Voir tous les résultats
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Global Hosting Engineer for Windows & Virtualisation Platform.
Responsible for supporting Windows Servers, Citrix and VMware infrastructure globally Basics of PowerShell.
Experience in automating repetitive tasks. Hands-on experience with migrations using an automated approach (knowledge of considerations before migration).
Understanding of processing of API-based web requests using PowerShell, along with cloud automation (preference for regular cloud shell users).
Provide technical hands-on support at a L2 level for incident and request management including resolution of escalated incidents, problems or changes from L1 support.
Responsible for Problem management and root cause analysis for repeated incidents or outages.
Responsible demand scoping on small to medium projects arising from IT improvements or Business driven demand.
Execute the delivery of IT improvements or approved Business driven demand.
Create and maintain documentation relating to processes, wikis and knowledge-based articles. Participate in audit readiness and remediation tasks including representing IT topics where required.
Responsible for implementing changes according to global change management process including ensuring Global Qualification process is followed. Management and updating of configuration items for supported devices.
Coordinate and execute schedule maintenance windows to ensure systems are maintained and updated regularly to align with Global process. Handles standard windows & VMware engineer duties and recommends, innovative and automated approaches wherever possible for infrastructure tasks.
Responsible to provide support on-call, out of office hours including emergencies and routine maintenance windows.
- minimum 7 years prior experience in an IT support position.
- Work location will be Electronic city, Bangalore
- Strong working knowledge of PowerShell scripting Excellent knowledge on various Windows server OS versions and enterprise Wintel hardware (HP/Dell/IBM/Cisco).
- Excellent knowledge of server administration, Patch Management & OS specific debugging tool – Solarwinds Patch Management an advantage.
- Good understanding of server technologies such as Active Directory Services, WSUS, DNS and performance tools.
- Excellent experience in an operational support role using virtualization products such as VMware vSphere.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of ITIL processes and tools.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html