Voir tous les résultats
Lead Process Development Engineer
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This position is within the Process Development group located at Carlsbad, CA. The Development Engineer works hands-on in an engineering development laboratory to develop and optimize purification, packaging and returned container processing operations for new organosilicon and organometallic products under active development.
As an engineer in this role, you will design and operate, with technical assistance from other employees, laboratory bench scale through small volume pilot scale purification, packaging and reclaim process development units. You will lead detailed Process Hazards Analyses on experimental equipment to ensure safety is an integral part of development. You will design optimization protocols and carry out tests, analyze data, compile reports, and generate technology transfer documentation. The successful candidate will have a strong desire for hands-on laboratory work so that conceptual designs become practical reality and are scalable for implementation at EMD Electronics production facilities worldwide.
The Engineer will also serve as the technical lead for stage-gated projects from conceptual design through commercialization.
The following tasks are part of this technical leadership activity:
- Prepare project proposals that include a detailed scope description, PFD, P&IDs, a cost estimate, concept drawings, and project schedules.
- Lead Process Hazard Analysis on proposed equipment and processes at lab and pilot scale
- Lead efforts to upgrade existing processes and contribute to development of new product offerings.
- Work closely with vendors and contractors on design and fabrication during project execution.
- Routinely document results and give oral presentations on project(s) status
- Manage intellectual property and assets relating to a given project or process.
- Maintain detailed records of project spending and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
Who you are:
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering or related degree
- 5+ years of professional experience in a research engineering role or process engineering
- Demonstrated ability with separation processes such as sublimation, crystallization, batch distillation and liquid adsorption.
- Experience with analytical instruments (FTIR, GC, ICPMS, Raman, etc.)
- Experience with air-sensitive materials handling or silicon hydride chemicals
- Background in solids handling and/or sublimation
- Background in ultrahigh purity specialty chemical packaging and handling.
- Strong commitment to safety, health, and environmental leadership
- Proven track record of safe work experience and safe work practices
- Enthusiastic, innovative, resourceful and a self-starter
- Strong observation, perception and creativity skills
- Attention to detail, problem-solving attitude, and a systematic approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead multiple high priority deliverables in parallel
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.