Voir tous les résultats
Scientist 2 - Virology
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Scientist 2 your activities will support assay development through commercial application of new andi nnovative service offerings within the biosafety testing space. You are responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed in the laboratory, and are required to make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards. Requirements also include maintaining a thorough understanding of company testing services, technical principles and applications as they apply to your position.
Working hours for this position is 2nd shift - 3 - 11:30p, Monday - Friday.
- Perform assays/ testing to GMP compliance for a laboratory within Biologics. This position may have Study Director responsibilities. For all assigned GLP studies, fulfills all aspects of the Study Director role as required by regulations.
- Performs testing in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP)
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for specific defined area(s) of business
- Applies laboratory techniques and skills to complete experiments designed to address a variety of specific problems
- Independently applies basic scientific principles in the design of experiments and the development of assays
- For GLP studies, acts as Study Director
- Maintains complete and comprehensive records for study integrity
- Makes detailed observations, documents results and performs data analysis
- Operates and maintains lab equipment as required by SOPs and testing procedures
- Utilizes applicable computer programs during testing and routine tasks (i.e. Word, Excel, Oracle, LIMS,BRIQS, etc.)
- Utilizes problem solving/ trouble shooting skills
- Communicates deviations/ events, progress and interim results to Study Management
- Leads the completion of event records
- Liaise with Quality Assurance and appropriate cross-functional departmental areas to close the events and corrective actions identified during GxP laboratory testing
- Maintains a working knowledge of lab procedures and assays
- Creates/ revises SOPs, laboratory records and other related documentation as assigned
- Writes technical reports for internal use and collaborates on papers for external use
- Performs training of laboratory personnel as needed/ assigned
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment
- Acts as key driver/ champion on project teams
- Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- May be required to work overtime or flexible shifts
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 2+ years working laboratory experience, specifically cell culture – OR –
- Master’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 3+ years working laboratory experience, specifically cell culture – OR –
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (i.e., Biology, Chemistry, etc.) with 6+ years working laboratory experience, specifically cell culture
- Intermediate skills in applicable computer programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that have been demonstrated through presentations /seminars, oversight of projects, implementation of new services, etc.
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly collaborative as well as independent
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Effective coaching and training skills for complex and highly technical work
- Highly, technically competent
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.