Voir tous les résultats
Process Safety Engineer
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Process Safety Engineer, you will ensure compliance with Operational Process Safety Requirements through effective management of OPHR’s, action items, incident management, and action item closure. You will also collaborate and provide technical direction from a mechanical engineering perspective for all manufacturing processes on-site and drive plant reliability through best practice applications. You will be a critical member of the facility Crisis Management Team and respond to on-site emergencies if needed. Additional responsibilities include:
- Ensure the Hometown Plant is compliant with Process Safety Management (PSM) and Risk Management Program (RMP) Requirements
- Collaborate and Provide Technical support for other Electronics Manufacturing Facilities regarding Fluorinated Compound manufacturing Processes
- Lead Process Safety Reviews, Design Hazard Reviews, Operational Readiness Inspections, Complete Plant Inspections and Audits, Lead Incident Investigations, Manage and Track Action Items to Closure
- Establish and maintain written policies and procedures for Mechanical Integrity (MI) and Process Safety
- Actively participate in the Basic Safety Process and promote Safety Rules and Regulations
- Participate in Process and Mechanical Design for projects and new products being produced at the plant
- Manage the Annual Risk/Insurance Audits for Hometown
- Interface with the local government municipalities regarding building and regulatory compliance permits, ensuring compliance with local ordinances
- Support Mechanical Engineering Design modifications and improvements to support continuous improvement activities
- Support MI program activities, including RBI process, relief valve program, and preventative maintenance programs
- Mentor CDP’s and other Engineers on-site from a Technical and Process Safety Perspective
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in a Chemical Plant Environment
- Previous work experience as a Mechanical or Chemical Engineer
- Excellent Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills (oral and written), project management experience
- Experience with process safety regulatory compliance requirements and industry organization standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of Process Safety Key Performance Indicators
- Experience with cost effective approaches to apply global process safety, engineering, and industry standards such as SIS/SIL Assessment and Verifications to unique, non-standard, complex engineering designs and plant retrofits
- Experience with the use of qualitative and quantitative risk analysis tools such as fault tree, layer of protection analysis, and dispersion modeling software such as PHAST to engineering designs
- Experience with design and Code requirements for rotating equipment, pressure vessels, piping codes and standards and processing / material handling equipment
- Experience in the development and management of worker safety related programs such as work permits, confined space, respiratory protection, energy isolation, contractor management, and associated audit programs
- Experience in loss prevention fundamentals including fire protection and related NFPA codes
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.